The Bar Towel Forum Index The Bar Towel
Ontario's Premier Beer Resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brasserie Dieu Du Ciel! Microbrewery Feature
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bar Towel Forum Index -> LCBO and Beer Store
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grub

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icemachine wrote:
Still nothing north of Eglinton, let alone Steeles.

hooray for the great white north!
cratez

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For any London area Towelers, the Corne, Volonte, Route, and Blanche are now at the Richmond & Fanshawe LCBO. They're not on the shelves yet so you'll have to ask someone to grab them for you. I flagged down a manager since two of the employees didn't know what I was talking about (excellent awareness-raising on the Board's part!). Also, the Saranac Pale Ale just arrived at the same store. Happy hoarding!
Belgian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooper Street / Queen's Quay - if it's listed online, it's probably already gone, so why even bother? Oh they have a shipload of everything except Volonte and Corne... where's my hop fix dammit...
icemachine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blanche du Paradis at Yonge/7 Woohoo
kwjd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belgian wrote:
Cooper Street / Queen's Quay - if it's listed online, it's probably already gone, so why even bother? Oh they have a shipload of everything except Volonte and Corne... where's my hop fix dammit...

All were in today. Only 2 bottles of Volonte and 4 bottles of Corne left after me though. Lots of everything else. I can't wait for the Aphrodisiaque to come in.
icemachine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of the Blanche at Yonge/7 although not on the shelves yet, however once I informed an employee that it was in the back he said it ould be out shortly and retrieved me a dozen
jaymack

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Route des epices c'est magnifique. Enjoyed a bottle with some beef nachos this evening. Not one to drink on it's own but I can see this being a great food-pairing beer.

Also grabbed a couple of bottles of derniere volonte. Not bad, but wasn't overly impressed.

cheers
Tapsucker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So last night I had two bottles out of four Corne du Diable explode on opening and reveal themselves as contaminated. That just adds to the sting of paying $3.25 for a decent IPA.

I have never, ever, experienced a quality control problem from these guys before. I hope it's not the start of something.
matt7215

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tapsucker wrote:
So last night I had two bottles out of four Corne du Diable explode on opening and reveal themselves as contaminated. That just adds to the sting of paying $3.25 for a decent IPA.

I have never, ever, experienced a quality control problem from these guys before. I hope it's not the start of something.

take those bottles back for refund ASAP
iguenard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tapsucker wrote:

I sent DDC an email to give them a heads-up. I suggest you do the same, and provide as much detail as possible (temperature of storage, LCBO where you bought it, manufacturing date, etc)

info@dieuduciel.com
Tapsucker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt7215 wrote:
Tapsucker wrote:

take those bottles back for refund ASAP

Good point, but they are empty now and as good as the LCBO is with refunds, it's probably not worth the trip.
Tapsucker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iguenard wrote:
Tapsucker wrote:

I sent DDC an email to give them a heads-up. I suggest you do the same, and provide as much detail as possible (temperature of storage, LCBO where you bought it, manufacturing date, etc)

info@dieuduciel.com

I'll check the labels for the date when I get home. They came from a big skidload at the Summerhill store early last week. Hopefully the many others that bought from there did not have the same surprise.

They were stored in a cool dark basement (aka "beer cellar") until being put in the refrigerator for a couple of hours prior to opening.
Ukie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tapsucker wrote:

So what happened? You just opened them and they started to overflow or did they gush out like a pop bottle? I've had some champagne corks fly off pretty good but never beer. Salad dressing once, took the top off brand new bottle put in on the table and it erupted like a volcano, but I digress.

Oh good, something else to worry about.
Belgian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems rare with beer (never once had DDC quality issues) but DDC stuff is real, unpasteurized beer, so maybe things can happen?

I'd rather have natural beer and return the occasional bad bottle than drink fake processed beer. Look at wine drinkers! Something like 5 or 10 per cent of bottles can get ruined by a cork infection, but in spite of this serious wine drinkers still prefer to risk cellar-aging natural and unfiltered wines with natural corks.

We have it easy, by comparison. Support real beer!
iguenard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ukie wrote:
So what happened? You just opened them and they started to overflow or did they gush out like a pop bottle? I've had some champagne corks fly off pretty good but never beer. [...]

Check out the video we shot (I'm the guy in blue).

http://bieresetplaisirs.com/videos/

Take a look at the Hanssens Gueuze we opened at roughly 3/4 of the way through. My p**** reaction is priceless, yet discouraging .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bar Towel Forum Index -> LCBO and Beer Store All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: