The Brewer’s Backyard returns for its 2013 season on January 6th with its first event, Brew Year’s Day. This event, first put on in January 2012, is a celebration of winter with exclusively strong, robust and winter warmer-style beers. It marks the largest number of breweries at a single Brewer’s Backyard to date, with six breweries each bringing rare beers to celebrate the occasion:
- Amsterdam Brewery Full City Tempest Imperial Stout
- Cheshire Valley Brewing Oak Aged Scottish Pale Ale
- Grand River Brewing Russian Gun Imperial Stout
- Great Lakes Brewery Apocalypse Later Double Black IPA and Witch King Baltic Porter (collaboration with Biergotter)
- Indie Alehouse Christmas Spiced Porter and Jump the Shark American Strong Ale
- Nickel Brook Brewery Old Kentucky Bastard Imperial Stout
Big E’s Grinds will be providing Hawaiian style street food to complement the selection of beer, including grilled shrimp, pineapple and pulled pork.
Brew Year’s Day is an all-ages event and will take place on January 6th in the Young Welcome Centre of Evergreen Brick Works from 12-4pm. Admission is free, and tickets for food and beer can be purchased at the event. More details about the event can be found at the Brewer’s Backyard website.