Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Craft Beer in Richmond Hill!

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

grub wrote:i've occasionally joked that I probably have the best tap lineup north of 7 right here at home... and the sad part is it's probably true. well, not sad for me really, but a sad state of affairs for everyone else. :/
So what are your hours? :lol:
lister

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

grub wrote:i've occasionally joked that I probably have the best tap lineup north of 7 right here at home... and the sad part is it's probably true. well, not sad for me really, but a sad state of affairs for everyone else. :/
Once I get enough experience with homebrewing I'm hoping I can build a keezer with 3 or 5 taps. I'd need more beer drinkers in my life to support 7!

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

ercousin wrote:Once I get enough experience with homebrewing I'm hoping I can build a keezer with 3 or 5 taps. I'd need more beer drinkers in my life to support 7!
how are you going to get kegs in and out of that beast?!? if it's hinged, you'd have to pull it 4' out from the wall in order to open it, and with all that weight there's no way it'll stay open on its own... could be challenging in practice.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

grub wrote:
ercousin wrote:Once I get enough experience with homebrewing I'm hoping I can build a keezer with 3 or 5 taps. I'd need more beer drinkers in my life to support 7!
how are you going to get kegs in and out of that beast?!? if it's hinged, you'd have to pull it 4' out from the wall in order to open it, and with all that weight there's no way it'll stay open on its own... could be challenging in practice.
I shamelessly stole the picture from here: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keezer-project-31221/

Imagine you'd have to sit it a few inches away from the wall for heat to escape from the freezer. I was thinking of reversing his design and have the hind and the front and have the tower tilt away from the wall. Would probably still need a stand to support the weight of the tower to not break the hinges while open. Cooling the beer lines could be problematic though.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

ercousin wrote:Imagine you'd have to sit it a few inches away from the wall for heat to escape from the freezer. I was thinking of reversing his design and have the hind and the front and have the tower tilt away from the wall. Would probably still need a stand to support the weight of the tower to not break the hinges while open. Cooling the beer lines could be problematic though.
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keezer- ... post711569

need to go more than a few inches from the wall... and at that point i'm starting to wonder if it'd get backheavy and flip back once you got it open enough for kegs. flipping forward is an idea, but it'd be tough to hide the hinges...
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Toronto-GTA has serious 'bedroom community' syndrome, almost everywhere you can find huge dead zones for night culture, entertainment and craft beer.

We're to blame mostly. Bunch of money-focused worker bees who drive home & stay in. More money to be made with a pizza-delivery franchise than a good bar.
In Beerum Veritas

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Was in King Henry's Arms for the first time in a while last night. Had a couple pints of Grand River Black Lager and a Spearhead White IPA (meh). I think they had LoB Rock Cut lager as well and then a fairly standard Molson line up
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Returned to King Henry's again with a work colleague, they had 4 indie taps on as well as a few Granville/Creemore offerings. Great to see the Amsterdam Cruiser on tap there, paired well with Mango Chipotle wings
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole