Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Habits to be nano brewing

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

Recently went with my girlfriend. Food was fantastic, beer was great but everything seemed under-carbonated that day (both the habits saison and the amsterdam howl)
The taps and bottle list are well curated.

Will definately go back.

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

Hey!

A little last minute, but tonight (May 26th) we're tapping our newest collaboration. It's with Stone Hammer and the legendary George Eagleson will even be dropping by around 7 to officially tap the first keg. It's a light, summery wheat saison with galaxy hops. Should be pretty tasty. It'll be around for the next week but, unfortunately, George will only be around tonight.

Also, re: carbonation. We've been working on getting the drought system in the front of house to show both our beers and other taps with more carbonation. Things should be a lot more consistent on that side now.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Nice night tonight, guess this means a walk up is in order. 8)
lister

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

what'si it called
Reliable Beer Critic

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

northyorksammy wrote:what'si it called
Habits x Stone Hammer - Galactic Fountain - 5.4%

(They did the art)

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

thanks I'll try to pop by this week after work
Reliable Beer Critic

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

A great time was had last night. Really impressed with the saisons, great work Chris, Christina and Doug! Also I really liked Habits: food was tasty and the owners (Michelle & Louis I think...) were really nice. Recommended.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

I'm heading there today before I go to the People's Pint event - keep reading good things about the Saison so I'm excited to try it.

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

talon_d wrote:I'm heading there today before I go to the People's Pint event - keep reading good things about the Saison so I'm excited to try it.
Thanks. I'll be at the People's Pint event so hopefully I'll see you there. I think we're a pretty good warm up for amateur brew since we're still only semi-pro! :D

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

groulxsome wrote:
talon_d wrote:I'm heading there today before I go to the People's Pint event - keep reading good things about the Saison so I'm excited to try it.
Thanks. I'll be at the People's Pint event so hopefully I'll see you there. I think we're a pretty good warm up for amateur brew since we're still only semi-pro! :D
I didn't end up making it to Habits unfortunately (I was hungry and it wasn't open yet). Ended up at the banknote - they still had bourbon county on tap - before heading to People's Pint.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Tried to go today at 2:30 but they were closed. Didn't realize it's only really an evening type of bar.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

DeMarco wrote:Tried to go today at 2:30 but they were closed. Didn't realize it's only really an evening type of bar.
Yeah 5pm, says so on their website.

http://www.habitsgastropub.com/contact-us/

In fact, I give them full marks for putting all their info (location, hours, phone number, email, food and drink menus, reservations, etc.) in an easy to read format particularly via mobile. YAY! Only thing missing is payment information. I presume that's not on there because they accept everything.
Last edited by lister on Sat May 30, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lister

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

DeMarco wrote:Tried to go today at 2:30 but they were closed. Didn't realize it's only really an evening type of bar.
We're working on that too. I know it's a pain that it's currently not open earlier on the weekends (or on Sunday at all). As we expand our inhouse brewing the hours should expand too.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Good location, nice-looking comfortable interior, and darn good beers - had both the Saison and the Griset made with Raspberry.

Will be back for the beers, the genuine gastro food and better than OK prices. Ding ding we have a winner...
In Beerum Veritas

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

Shameless plug/announcement. Eventually we'll make a proper blog for this stuff, but for now Bar Towel works!

Tapping some collaboration beers on Friday. Should be a bit of fun and should last into the next week. First time having four of our taps on at the same time. Hoping to not have to relinquish them to guest taps again!