Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Buster Rhino's BBQ Toronto

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Never liked the Hogtown Smoke food truck. I haven't been out to the Beaches for the past two years so haven't been to their restaurant yet.

Surprised Baju closed. I thought it was pretty decent. Good to know.

AAA is okay. Same with Smoque & Bones.

I'll be trying Piston this Saturday.

At this point IMO there are really only two good BBQ places in Toronto, Aft and Stockyards. Both of which require effort beyond my normal amount to visit. If I'm in the areas I'll go but won't make the trip solely for the 'Q. That especially goes for Buster Rhino's out in Oshawa.

I'm still holding out hope that Dinosaur BBQ replaces the Leon's at the Roundhouse. :wink:
lister

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Smoke signals, if you ever get the chance to hit up one of their pop-ups. Closest thing to Texas BBQ in this city I haven't found anything else worth mentioning. http://www.smokesignalsbarbecue.ca/

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

STACK at Yonge and Lawrence has great BBQ and all craft taps. Killer shakes and desserts as well.
www.stackrestaurant.ca

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Yeah been to Stack a couple of times. Much like Stockyards and Aft, effort issues for me. I thought their BBQ was okay.

There's that BBQ place in Kensington at the north end and one at Spadina & Harbord. Meh.
lister