Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Finally a good beer spot in Mississauga!

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Finally a good beer spot in Mississauga!

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

For anyone in the Mississauga area, Stir Kitchen and Beverage Co is a new restaurant that is worth checking out. It is located on Hurontario St, a block south of Eglinton Ave. They have about 20 taps, which includes a rotating Great Lakes tap (currently Octopus) a rotating craft tap (currently an Amsterdam beer - the name escapes me) and a number of other taps from Great Lakes (Canuck), Amsterdam, DDC (Peche and Rose), Ommegang Hennepin etc. They also stock Bellwoods bottles. Last night I enjoyed both versions of 3MTM, BOYD and Lambda. Finally a decent spot in Mississauga. The food is good too!

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

It's odd that with an impressive list like that there's no mention of the beer selection on their website.

Looks like it has a nightclubby/Moxies type feel to it from the photos.

Still with beers like that I'll gladly visit if I'm up that way.

Publican

Post by Publican »

After reading some Google reviews which say the food is pricey I expect the beer to be as well. There are a number of places in Toronto where I can drink craft beer for under $8 a pint after tax, Saying that I will check the place out.

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

The gentleman who owns Stir was also behind the original West 50 when it opened. He's super knowledgeable and passionate about craft beer. Very dedicated to getting the best he can for the draft (and it sounds like bottles too!)

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

"finally" is not really accurate. For years now, The Crooked Cue at 75 Lakeshore East has been a bastion of great craft beers. 21 taps and dozens of bottles, they have been a pioneer and the only real go to place for craft in the MIss. Glad to see someone else jumping on the bandwagon but they are not the first and, as mentioned, their website doesn't even provide a beer menu...Crooked does and it's impressive. Great place for a night out with good food, good beer and some great billiards. Etobicoke location, although related (brother) is not so hot to trot about craft.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Oh, and by the way, there is a Bier Markt in Square One.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Crooked Cue is a great spot, used to work nearby in Port Credit.
Pulling up the website for Stir...my immediate reaction to seeing a big label "Friday and Saturday nights DJ/Dancing" with dance music blaring....was F*** That. I don't care if they had Cantillon, not my thing.
I'm sure there is a market for it, although as much as I tried to like West 50 back in the day, they always had service issues when I went.
I expect to never visit, but still wish them success.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

It's all subjective, I suppose. I have been to Crooked Cue, and while I consider it to be a decent spot, it's not a beer destination.

As for Bier Markt, It's passable. I work across the street from Bier Markt and have been there maybe 5 times despite the convenience factor, so again, passable but nothing to write home about.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Agreed....I just like Crooked Cue on its own, a great little spot for a game of pool.
The fact they have some good beer is a nice bonus compared to any other bars in Port Credit, but to go there for beer alone...it isn't as exciting.