Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Arabella Park Beer Bar - Kitchener

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

11.05 is last years saison... delivered it myself!

Tap list could be different tonight. Last night's "friends only" they tapped what they had available. Since they're getting more deliveries today they'll have a couple different things on I believe.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Im gonna try to go tonight, prob be there pretty late though

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Solid tap list

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Great night last night. So good to see this place get all the locals out.

Can't wait for my next visit.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Awesome place! Looking forward to what they do. Especially with the news that Bellwoods wants to distribute beer to "not-Toronto" and Arabella is on that list.

From what I was told, Bellwoods don't want their beers in other Toronto bars too much to compete with, so they're sending beer out throughout the province.

Also looks like there's a great relationship with Keep 6. Oxbow in Kitchener??? Not to mention all the QC beers, tap and bottle.

Draught prices seem to be reasonable, it was explained to me, but I don't quite remember. I *think* 33% profit a glass for a full pour. Options are a full pour, which depends on the abv (10, 12, or 16 oz), or 5oz sample.

Bottles, I don't know. I may have overpaid, I may not have.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

Went the other day, after visiting Barncat. Was really impressed. Beautiful space, love the "upstairs" area. Terrific taplist and all the bartenders were super nice, which is a nice change of pace (cough Volo cough)

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Was in town recently and had a visit. If you have been to Stillwell in Halifax, you will instantly recognize it. Very unique tap list but it turns over constantly (three beers blew and new ones came on in the two hours I was sitting at the bar, for example) so it's a bit pointless to recite the list, except to say the best beer I had, by a fair margin, was Barncat QI. Lovely stuff. The unwritten rules: if you feel like sampling a number of beers while remaining able to walk, any beer is available in a 5 oz. serving for a very reasonable price. It took me a while to figure this out -- apparently newbies have to ask. Important because high octane saisons, sours, IPAs and barrel aged stuff seems to be their market; the lowest abv beer on my visit was 5.5% and they went up from there. Anyway, if I lived in K-W I would be somewhere between pleased and ecstatic to have this new option in town.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

I maybe should have posted this earlier, but it's a weekday and I doubt any non-locals would have made it out.

That being said, Bellwoods had their first tap takeover today at Arabella Park.

17 beers on tap, and bottle pours of weft and warp, and grandma's boy.

$45 got you, 2 full pours (12 or 16oz depending on beer), or 4 5oz, a Bellwoods glass, and all you can eat off a charcuterie board that was put out (at least I assume it was all you can eat).

Beer list is on Arabella's fb and Instagram of anyone is interested.

If I didn't work tonight I would probably still be there.
"There's always money in the banana stand."