Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Porter House - 1321 Dundas St West

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

billverstein

Porter House - 1321 Dundas St West

Post by billverstein »

Porter House has recently opened on the Dundas West strip between Dovercourt & Dufferin. Boasting as Toronto's first all Vegan Craft Beer bar, attempting to unite Craft Beer lovers and Vegan / Vegetarian's alike. The menu features vegan takes on mostly British style pub fare with some American comfort food and bar snacks tucked in.

6 taps offering (so far) all local Ontario seasonals (GLB, Beau's, Junction, Shacklands, Black Oak and Left Field) with a budding list of both local and imported bottles and cans.

As a vegetarian craft beer lover, I feel like this spot will be a welcome addition to both the Craft Beer and Veg restaurant communities in Toronto, while not alienating either group.

Here's a pic I snapped of the menu last week.

Check out their social networks
http://twitter.com/porterhouse_to
http://instagram.com/porterhouse_to

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I find veg food unjustifiably pricey and not always filling or good, but I'll give 'em a chance.

At least beer is usually vegetarian. And makes vegetarians more attractive! (Just kidding.)
In Beerum Veritas

wilco

Post by wilco »

Had dinner here on Friday night. They had the Left Field Eephus, West Ave Heritage Gold, Ommegang Hennepin, Black Oak 10BY, DDC Derniere Volonte and one other tap I can't remember (might have been the Oast House Porter). The yuba sandwich and pot pie were very tasty. It's a small place and was packed by 6pm, so weeknights might be the time to go. A short walk to Get Well and Bellwoods. Their prices include taxes, which I personally like. Nice to have more restaurants focusing on quality beer.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Interesting looking menu...I'm far from a vegetarian...but am always interested in finding tasty veggie foods. Perhaps I can be convinced to check this place out because of the beer!