Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bar Hop 2 (Peter St)

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

lister
Beer Superstar

Bar Hop 2 (Peter St)

Post by lister »

Bar Hop 2 opened for realzies last night. Nice space. Just the main floor right now. 30 something taps. No cask yet but saw the hardware on the floor in the caged area. Most of the tap lineup is different than the original location. Overheard that there's no bottles yet. I had time for two appetizers so I had the bacon steak and the scallops. Both were tasty. More urinals and stalls in the washrooms but watch your head if you're tall. I'm looking forward to when the place is in full swing. Open only for dinner currently.
lister

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Excited to check this place out soon! If the tap line up is different from their original location, is there any indication of if/where they will post details? Their twitter and Facebook pages don't really distinguish between the two locations and I can only assume that the current lists relate to the original location.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Looking forward to visiting as soon as possible, and glad to hear that the draft list is different from the original location.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Awesome. Looking forward to visiting soon. What is the situation re TVs? Normally wouldn't care but I'm looking for a place downtown to watch one of the Jays' games in Texas over the weekend and this might just be the ticket. Hoping to avoid Loose Moose and its ilk. But original BH is pretty much a TV-free zone.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

midlife crisis wrote:Awesome. Looking forward to visiting soon. What is the situation re TVs? Normally wouldn't care but I'm looking for a place downtown to watch one of the Jays' games in Texas over the weekend and this might just be the ticket. Hoping to avoid Loose Moose and its ilk. But original BH is pretty much a TV-free zone.
That's a good question. I didn't notice any TVs at BH2 on Monday night.

BH1 has two TVs easily viewable other than from the pit in the front. I wouldn't say it's a TV-free zone. I've watched plenty of baseball and hockey games there.

Wvrst and Tequila Bookworm (upstairs) will have the games on. C'est What and Buster Rhinos TO will likely have them too.
lister

kevinlater

Post by kevinlater »

midlife crisis wrote:Awesome. Looking forward to visiting soon. What is the situation re TVs? Normally wouldn't care but I'm looking for a place downtown to watch one of the Jays' games in Texas over the weekend and this might just be the ticket. Hoping to avoid Loose Moose and its ilk. But original BH is pretty much a TV-free zone.
there's one TV, but it's only really visible from the tables at the front. you won't be able to watch if you're sitting at the bar.

stopped in for a snack and some samplers today. great venue and tap list as always.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

lister wrote:

BH1 has two TVs easily viewable other than from the pit in the front. I wouldn't say it's a TV-free zone. I've watched plenty of baseball and hockey games there.

Wvrst and Tequila Bookworm (upstairs) will have the games on. C'est What and Buster Rhinos TO will likely have them too.
And C'est What will have the sound on too!

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Malcolm wrote:
lister wrote:

And C'est What will have the sound on too!
I don't think I've ever been at CW when they've had sound on for a game.

TB will have the sound on. Based off the last (and recently only) playoffs of the Leafs, Wvrst had sound.
lister

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Anyone been recently for the Jays games? From the looks of their twitter account, it seems like they have a projector. Is that true? Is it easy to see?

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

When I went recently the (late afternoon) Jays game had ended, but judging from where the screen is installed, it should be easy to see from any stool at the bar or in the main area. Plus, there is a separate TV in the front area that looked decent. So probably a good option. Great beer, it goes without saying.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

lister wrote:I don't think I've ever been at CW when they've had sound on for a game.

TB will have the sound on. Based off the last (and recently only) playoffs of the Leafs, Wvrst had sound.
Another downtown-ish option, where they always have sound at full volume for big games, is The Queen & Beaver (upstairs). Had a great time there for one of the ALDS games. Not a large space though so arrive early.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I can picture literally Bar Hopping between the two Bar Hops now. Neat.

I presume each bar will post what the other has on tap, at least electronically.
In Beerum Veritas

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Belgian wrote:I can picture literally Bar Hopping between the two Bar Hops now. Neat.

I presume each bar will post what the other has on tap, at least electronically.
Yup via Twitter.
lister

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Now open for lunch.
lister

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

i'm going to the Jets-leafs game tomorrow.
which BarHop do i choose pre-game?