Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Dominion Hotel

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Malcolm

Dominion Hotel

Post by Malcolm »

Sadly, it looks like the venerable Dominion at Queen and Sumach, has fallen into the hands of the Fabconcepts chain. It wasn't the greatest bar but it had great bones and they were making a concerted effort to have a decent micro selection in the last years before it closed. They always supported live music as well.
I walked by today and it's being gutted so they can stuff in faux Irish furnishings and install the Stella taps I guess. Man, this area is going to explode in a couple of years - can somebody please open a real beer bar in Corktown..?

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

I was riding by on the streetcar the other day and it looks like they are now open. A quick peek at their fleecebook page makes it look like their is promise of something better than the usual corporate pub. Here's hoping.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Malcolm wrote:Sadly, it looks like the venerable Dominion at Queen and Sumach, has fallen into the hands of the Fabconcepts chain. It wasn't the greatest bar but it had great bones and they were making a concerted effort to have a decent micro selection in the last years before it closed. They always supported live music as well.
I walked by today and it's being gutted so they can stuff in faux Irish furnishings and install the Stella taps I guess. Man, this area is going to explode in a couple of years - can somebody please open a real beer bar in Corktown..?
Didn't they try that and fail with the Avro?

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Tapsucker wrote:I was riding by on the streetcar the other day and it looks like they are now open. A quick peek at their fleecebook page makes it look like their is promise of something better than the usual corporate pub. Here's hoping.
Yes, you're right - I saw their page on Facebook and the snapshot of their list is nothing like I thought it would be. It looks like it will be a nice neighbourhood spot after all.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Word is they are closed or closing for good. Too bad. TBH, I haven't been since before the plague, but it was nice they were there. I wonder what will happen withe space?
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.