Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Goose Island Brewhouse - Opening July 17

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

I do not see Goose Island Brewhouse for Toronto under venues or breweries in Untappd.

I ran Goose Island Raspberry Table Beer
Goose Island Coffee Porter
neither come up

I have added the place to ratebeer and am in queue for Beeradvocate
Reliable Beer Critic

portwood

Post by portwood »

northyorksammy wrote:I do not see Goose Island Brewhouse for Toronto under venues or breweries in Untappd.
https://untappd.com/v/goose-island-brewhouse/6542831
@markhamwhisky

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

northyorksammy wrote:I do not see Goose Island Brewhouse for Toronto under venues or breweries in Untappd.

I ran Goose Island Raspberry Table Beer
Goose Island Coffee Porter
neither come up

I have added the place to ratebeer and am in queue for Beeradvocate
I did not bother typing the brand names of the beers, only the styles. Each beer has a name.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Went here recently and thought it was okay. Only beer that really stood out was the Marzen, which was very good. The Brown Ale and Coffee Porter were tasty, while the Kellerbier was below average IMO. Didn't try the food so can't comment on that. Service was solid as the bartenders engaged the entire time I was there. I won't be rushing back unless they throw something special on, or start cranking out world beaters (doubtful), but overall it's a decent spot. Also nice to see growlers available, though nobody was buying them when I was there.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

do they have sour sister stuff there? i've always been a big fan of goose island's BA stuff but otherwise i'll take a complete pass on their regular brews.