Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Michelle's Brasserie (formerly La Brasserie)

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

DAN-D-MAN

Michelle's Brasserie (formerly La Brasserie)

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

The new awning and umbrella bearing the new name just went up yesterday. Michelle also added more micro taps and keeps building her list of bottles.

If you haven't been to this place yet, now is the best time as they have a great patio! And ask for Michelle while you're there as she'll have a beer with ya!

Their address is 162 Cumberland Street (Yonge and Bloor area or Bay subway station Cumberland exit).
8)

borderline_alcoholic

Post by borderline_alcoholic »

Would you care to elaborate further as to what beers they currently have? It sounds encouraging.

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

Well, they have 13 taps, but only 10 are pouring at the moment:

Church Key Northumberland Ale
Church Key Holy Smoke
Cameron's Lager
King Dark Lager
King Pilsner
Muskoka Honey Brown
Bellevue Kriek
Blanche de Chamblis
Mill St. Tankhouse Ale
Mill St. Sparkling Ale

There's talk that they'll soon get the Éphémère Apple.

In bottles, they carry several Abbey Ales, most Ontario micros, McAuslan, Unibroue, even Alley Kat from Alberta. There's a complete list on their website, however it hasn't been updated in a while.
http://www.labrasserie.ca

Hope this helps!

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Wow, new awning and umbrella, awesome!!! I poppped in there for lunch for the first time as I had heard about the place a few times and as lover of all things French/Belgian, especially the food, I was hopeful that it would be decent. To be honest, I thought the food was pretty good, reasonably priced for Yorkville. Their Belgian bottled beer list was pretty pathetic...where were the Trappists or even Duvel . How can you sell Belgian beers and not have Duvel and Chimay let alone things like Cantillon??? Looks almost like they went out and bought the Belgian 6 pack available at the LCBO every Xmas and that's about it. Although there were some decent beers there, Smokeless, the Esplanade and Beerbistro aren't going to lose any sleep over these guys. Whoever put together their beer selection needs a slap upside their head considering all the good stuff available around the ciity. OK place but I won't be going back as I prefer a decent broad-based selection of beers.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Just saw the following in the latest Deadpool post on BlogTO:
blogTO readers Robert V. informs us that Yorkville stalwart Michelle's Brasserie closed on January 14th. A notice on the door stated they owed $55,000 in rent. But good news for those looking for restaurant supplies! They're auctioning off its contents today at 2pm. Here's a notice that was posted to Craigslist:

BIG RESTAURANT/ BAR AUCTION SALE!!! WEDNESDAY JANUARY 27 TH @2:00 PM 162 CUMBERLAND ST. TORONTO (IN YORKVILLE , NEAR BLOOR ST & AVENUE RD. ) TO FEATURE : GARLAND GAS STOVES , CHAR BROILER FRYER, HOBART 30 QT. DO MIXER MEAT GRINDER, 2 WALK IN REFS ,20 FT. MARBLE TOP BAR WITH DRAFT BEER , ICE MAKER , MARBLE TOP DINING TABLES 2X2 , WROUGHT IRON PATIO SETS HEATERSX10 BABY GRAND P[IANO , HUGE QUANTITY WHITE DISHWARE SILVER DECOR EXPRESSO & GRINDER GAGGIA TOO MANY ITEMS TO LIST ALL........... DON"T MISS THIS SALE 416/ 901- 6708 REAL
And hey, that rabbit post up above is a real blast from the past, isn't it? Funny how he specifically notices that they're not selling any Esprit beers... :lol:

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

Michelle's Beach House (in the Beaches) closed shop last spring due to unpaid rent, so I thought it would be a matter of time before we heard of the Brasserie closing.

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

When I was with F&M, Michelle called me and said she was lying in bed enjoying a keggy of StoneHammer Dark. I love calls like that. What a great business. 8)

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

Rob Creighton wrote:When I was with F&M, Michelle called me and said she was lying in bed enjoying a keggy of StoneHammer Dark. I love calls like that. What a great business. 8)
More importantly, what does she look like?

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

I read this as Michelle's Brassiere, so this thread is somewhat of a disappointment to me.

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

Pub Style wrote:Michelle's Beach House (in the Beaches) closed shop last spring due to unpaid rent, so I thought it would be a matter of time before we heard of the Brasserie closing.
I never actually made it to Michelle's Brasserie but Michelle's Beach House was a great little spot. The food was meh, but the patio was fantastic, the decor great, the service good and, most importantly, it had a very respectable selection of both bottled and draft beer. I was pretty disappointed it closed.

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

viggo wrote:
Rob Creighton wrote:When I was with F&M, Michelle called me and said she was lying in bed enjoying a keggy of StoneHammer Dark. I love calls like that. What a great business. 8)
More importantly, what does she look like?

Actually, Michelle is a very attractive women with a down to earth personality and a killer body. Mind you, I haven't seen her in a few years, but I do remember she gives great hugs!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

That name always looks to me like MICHELLE'S BRASSIERE.

"Hi this is my bra." Nothing wrong with that!
In Beerum Veritas

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!