Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Micro Restaurant: Local Four Relax Station

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Asst. Grain Shoveller

New Micro Restaurant: Local Four Relax Station

Post by Asst. Grain Shoveller »

Hi Everyone
I'd like to let everyone know about a new micro friendly restaurant opening up this week.
It's called Local Four Relax Station & is located at 4 Dundonald St. Just a few steps from another very good restaurant that loves good beer, Cafe Volo.
You'll see some familiar faces as the creative team that put Local Four together are Nancy & Vicky (from the Bow & Arrow) & Theo. They've got tons of restaurant experience and have created a very nice place for good food and very tasty beer. Most of you should know these people.
I had the luck to be able to sample some of the menu items. The food is fantastic (the plates we were using were small so i had to heap on lots and make many trips back to the sample table). The food styling will be tapas with lots of small appetizer plates that are great for sharing. A wide range of fish, veggie & meat items are available. They've got some great dips to go with everything. As an example ask for a boatload of fresh fries with three excellent dips (no ketchup allowed!!!). You'll be amazed when you literally get a boat load, (I'd love to see the look on your face, when its dropped at your table)
The kitchen influences are oriental, mid eastern and are very creative & satisfying.
You'll probably also see some familiar faces serving too.
Now on top of all the food & cool people, there is some good beer to go on tap.
They will be installing six draft taps to start and will have an additional six lines ready for the future. The draft towers and lines will be installed on Friday. My Pale Ale will be on tap, McCauslins Apricot Ale will also present. I can't remember the other 4 taps but they will be micro. They will also have a good starter selection of bottles.
They will be having a soft opening on Thursday to get the ball rolling. For draft beer they will be using flash coolers to start off with.
Once the draft lines are in they will have a full opening on this Friday for the Pride Weekend, so things will be very busy.
So in closing we've got a new place for great friends, great food and great beer. Please come out to visit, say hi and support a new micro friendly place.
Cheers & look forward to seeing you there!!!!
Ken
:D

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I went here on Saturday night and had a very good time.

Nice selection of beers on tap, incl. Blanche de Chambly, McAuslan Apricot, Black Oak Pale, Wellington and a few others.

Great patio - close enough to Yonge Street but not loud. Friendly staff.

Check it out.

Immotius

Post by Immotius »

Maybe if you mention Bartowel, you should get a discount on food..
Bow to me, I am the divine Ambrose.