Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

L'arte on Dundas

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

flumbuff

Post by flumbuff »

Why no mention of this lovely little establishment, serving in it's warm welcoming atmosphere the only beer to merit 4 stars in Stephen Beaumont's Great Canadian Beer Guide. I speak of course of the hugely satisfying St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout. The address is around 2300 Dundas, a little after Dundas breaks into Roncesvalles.

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

The simple answer could be that nobody lives in that area. Personally, I live downtown and walk wherever I go. Roncesvalles is about as familiar to me as south-central Angola, man. Can you give us a full-on report about the place (menu, beer selection and anything else)?

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I've always wanted to check this place out, but to be honest it's never enticed me enough simply because of the Oatmeal Stout (which can be found more centrally). Tell us a bit more about the place!

hop_head

Post by hop_head »

L'arte is a good place for a great meal and decent pint. The food is Eastern European influenced with huge portions. They do have St. Amboise Oatmeal and Cream Ale (replacing the apricot), Creemore, St. Andres, Niagara Best Bitter and some imports. Their website is http://www.larte.ca