Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Which Bars in Toronto Sell Samples

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

demonstar

Which Bars in Toronto Sell Samples

Post by demonstar »

I have a friend here from England who wants to try all the local beers but we don't want to have to buy full bottles. Does anyone know which bars in town have sample size beers? Seen places like this in Windsor where they would give you 4 samples for $5.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Both Bow and Arrow and Beer Bistro definitely do. I think Volo does but am not 100% and I have previous gotten a 'taste' at C'est What, Smokeles and Biermarkt but its not really enough to truly say you have had the beer usually.

Biermarkt used to do the sampler trays, do they still?

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

JerCraigs wrote:Both Bow and Arrow and Beer Bistro definitely do. I think Volo does but am not 100% and I have previous gotten a 'taste' at C'est What, Smokeles and Biermarkt but its not really enough to truly say you have had the beer usually.

Biermarkt used to do the sampler trays, do they still?
When I was there Volo was selling three (I think 5 oz.) samples of their tap beers for something like $6.

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

I was at Volo on Saturday and can confirm that they were selling the trio for beer on tap. Also, check out C'est What for their Spring Festival of Small Breweries on April 15. All samples are a buck!
Lagerale

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

anybody new if there will be new beers at C'est What as opposed to just their same standard selection?

JWalter

Post by JWalter »

http://www.cestwhat.com/asp/events.asp?id=443

Additions to our usual lineup will be Scotch Irish Corporal Punishment, Wellington Imperial Stout and Iron Duke, Unibroue Maudite and Blanche de Chambly, Church Key Chocolate Porter and Cranberry Maple, Magnotta Altbier, Headstrong Pale Ale, F&M McLean's Pale Ale, and Neustadt Scottish Ale.

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

I won't be bringing the Corporal- he's retired for the season. I will be offering a "one-off" festival cask ale called Captain Cascade. This will be a 6.5% abv ale with ummm, sufficient hops. I'll let you guess the variety.