Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beer Bistro made my night.

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Colin @ Canada

Beer Bistro made my night.

Post by Colin @ Canada »

Hadn't been to Beer Bistro in a while and decided to make reservations for the winterliscious menu on Saturday Feb 4, 2006. What a great night. We had a great table on a banquet and enjoyed the three course meal that had beer pairings for all. All the pairings went very well with the dishes and I finally got to try the Denissons Dunkel which was delicious. There was a live jazz band which was at perfect listening level. Our service from the greeting by the hostess to our waitress was wonderful and elegant. The restaurant manager even came by to say hello and ask how everything was. The food was amazing, the best meal I've had in a long time. The steak was juicy, flavouful and cooked to perfection. We finished the night off by sharing the two dessert choices and we each ordered a glass of Ephemere Framboise to end the wonderful meal.
Thanks for a great night and I'll see ya soon,
Colin Gross

old faithful
Bar Fly

Post by old faithful »

The other day after work I had some beer with some colleagues at beerbistro, a glass of Tankhouse Ale and a very good Rochefort 6. The "6" can be misleading, the ABV is still 7.5%! A very nice Belgian ale with a dry chocolatey palate, similar to the stronger Rocheforts but drier and less strong (relatively!). The genius of Belgian brewing comes out in beers like this, they are just so good. The Tankhouse was full of taste. It reminded me of the draft micro pale ales including Sierra Nevada's when they first came out in the 80's on the U.S. West Coast: craft beer at its best. I wouldn't mind trying a version that is slightly less full in taste, say the equivalent to a Griffon Blonde, but it was very good.

Gary

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Is there anything new at Beer Bistro to be aware of?
Haven't been for a couple months, but will be dropping by at least once next week.
Cheers!

Steve Beaumont

Post by Steve Beaumont »

Phil Difonzo of King has dropped off a keg of his new Pilsbock, but I'm not sure when it will be tapped.