Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Fat Belgian

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Blankboy

Post by Blankboy »

Belgian wrote:Annoyingly prematurely humorous? :-?

I know you are, but what am I?
Belgian buddy, see 10 posts up.
"Everything's better with monkeys!"

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

We will be supplying Fat Belgian and they will ultimately carry Duvel, Chimay Premiere, Orval, Westmalle Tripel, Rochefort 8 and I know they'll also have De Koninck and Fruli on tap. We hope that list will expand in the coming months as well. Frankly, they'll probably have more Belgian beers than Cafe Brussels has today as Cafe Brussels hasn't bought from us in 2 or 3 years. I for one am happy to see a new Belgian place opening in town. I would suggest that "rumours' posted in this thread are just that and without much substance so let's all give these guys a chance.

JWalter

Post by JWalter »

Esprit, thanks for getting the thread back on track with some factual information. I'm interested in checking the place out, as I don't have any plans in the near future to actually visit Belgium, so this seems like the closest I'll get for a while :)
Bored Silly? Check out my blog... http://geeksjournal.blogspot.com

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Blankboy wrote:
Belgian wrote:Annoyingly prematurely humorous? :-?

I know you are, but what am I?
Belgian buddy, see 10 posts up.
You mean that wasn't a coincidence? OHHHH.... :)
In Beerum Veritas

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

esprit wrote:We will be supplying Fat Belgian and they will ultimately carry Duvel, Chimay Premiere, Orval, Westmalle Tripel, Rochefort 8 and I know they'll also have De Koninck and Fruli on tap. We hope that list will expand in the coming months as well. Frankly, they'll probably have more Belgian beers than Cafe Brussels has today as Cafe Brussels hasn't bought from us in 2 or 3 years. I for one am happy to see a new Belgian place opening in town. I would suggest that "rumours' posted in this thread are just that and without much substance so let's all give these guys a chance.
I'm happy to stand corrected by someone with actual information. That sounds like an excellent lineup. Hopefully the food will be as inspired.

Rumors are just that...sometimes they are oracular sometimes they are horse doodoo. If nobody speculated about anything there'd be no point in having this forum in the first place.

NOTE: The rumor I posted on April 9th was based on a conversation I had back in March...It's now mid May. Is it at all possible that this more ambitious beer lineup has been set up with Esprit since?

JWalter

Post by JWalter »

I heard a rumor that the guy that cuts the owner of the restaurants hair told him that he read Bartowel, and some guy complained that they might not have good beer, so then he called Esprit and got good beer... I don't know if that's true, but man... Crazy!
Bored Silly? Check out my blog... http://geeksjournal.blogspot.com

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

JWalter wrote:I heard a rumor that the guy that cuts the owner of the restaurants hair told him that he read Bartowel, and some guy complained that they might not have good beer, so then he called Esprit and got good beer... I don't know if that's true, but man... Crazy!
Forgive him, he supports Newcastle.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I have heard from a reliable source that Fat Bastard will in fact feature no Interbrew beers on tap. There will be Belgians, but not IB's. Not difficult to figure out what's left.

P.S. I sincerely appreciate the passion demonstrated by those on the forum - its what makes things so interesting. Hope we're all still friends here.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Cass wrote: P.S. I sincerely appreciate the passion demonstrated by those on the forum - its what makes things so interesting. Hope we're all still friends here.
Nothing a group hug and a few verses of "Cumbaya" won't fix. On second thought let's all stick to being contrary and stubborn.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

For the back of the upcoming Bartowel Forum T-shirts:

http://hbo.imageg.net/graphics/product_ ... 1154dt.jpg

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

I like that second one! :D I may even order that.
lister

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Witty, in a dry subtle way, with some lingering bitter hops in the finish.
In Beerum Veritas

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Yes, I thought so too. The dancing banana also found it amusing...Image

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

:wink:
Last edited by Gunny on Fri May 19, 2006 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.