Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Michelle's Beach House

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Steve Spong

Michelle's Beach House

Post by Steve Spong »

Not quite a pub, per se, but a venue with wonderful beer, Michelle's Beach House is the sister restaurant to Michelle's Brasserie in Yorkville. It's located across from Lick's on Queen East, and has an upscale menu and feel, but with an excellent patio (with a bar) and an excellent beer list. I didn't know Chapeau had as many beers as it apparently does, all of which appear to be there (a big draw, I know :roll:) Nevertheless, their draught choices were impressive - Church Key Riot Act, Delirium, Denisons Dunkel and Weiss, Fruli, Black Oak Pale, etc. The prices were at the high end, but nevertheless, a great place to get a good meal with a few great beers.
"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer."

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

Tonight is Michelle's Beach House official Grand Opening. In addition, the original cumberland location is celebrating its anniversary. Here's an email I received from them...
Please join us for the grand opening of Michelle's Beach House on Thursday, June 1, 2006 as well as the anniversary of Michelle's Brasserie. Be our guests at either or both locations. Transportation between locations will be available with our "Party Bus" shuttle service.
Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres served between 6pm and 11pm. Please RSVP lauren@labrasserie.ca or call 416-944-1504 (labrasserie.ca) 416-693-4454 (michellesbeachhouse.ca).
I'll definitely be at both tonight!
8)

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

You, sir are a drunkard.
"Every day above ground is a good one."

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

Thanks for the compliment Perry!

What a first class event last night. Went to the Beach House location first. They have a set of taps inside at the entrance and another at the back patio. This place is beautiful and definitely has Michelle's meticulous touches all over. The beverages (any beer you wanted, wine, mixed drinks) just kept flowing as did rounds of appetizers, all night.

Their "Party Bus" was an elegant white lincoln stretch limo. Apparently, they also had an SUV one. Took this bus (with Delirium in plastic cup) to the Cumberland location where everything was also flowing endlessly.

Be sure to check out the Beach House soon... should be a great spot for those hot hazy humid summer days!