Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Beer Station

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

orlando

The Beer Station

Post by orlando »

Has anybody heard about this place? I was walking in the Annex on Saturday and noticed what I assume is a brand new pub called The Beer Station, located on the south side of Bloor between Bathurst and Brunswick Ave. I didn't have time to go inside to check their beer list, so I was wondering if anybody from here has been there. I have to say the decor is a spectacularly awful blue and white combination.

beergut111

Post by beergut111 »

I was walking home on Saturday night after killing 5-6 westmalle's(love that stuff) with a friend and decided to pop in there. The majority of people in there were university people drinking pitchers of Candadian/blue. The decor was a bit too blue and white for my tastes. I was going to order a drink but decided not to at the last minute. I did notice that they had leffe and hoegaarden on tap I am not sure about what else, but I dont think its going to be another smokeless Joe's or Volo.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

This place was discussed last month;
http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2499

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

I dropped in last Friday after the 3 Inches of Blood concert at Lee's Palace and inquired about their "Over 100 Beers" sign on the front. They provided me with a list of beers available and the list is pretty pathetic.

This place is not worth your time.

Blankboy

Post by Blankboy »

I went here last night, unfortunately, and the place couldn't be crappier. Really shit beer on tap (Blue, Rickards etc.) and really shitty food (mostly mediocre fries and wings). They have a "house beer" that's made by Cool, that tells you everything you need to know. Avoid this dump like the plague.
"Everything's better with monkeys!"