Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Mill Street Brewpub

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

shrike

Mill Street Brewpub

Post by shrike »

Anyone know what the ETA is on this? I looked at it a couple of days ago and they don't look that close to being done. Anyone in the know as to what they have planned for this brewpub?

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I had heard that they were going to have a dozen house beers on tap, which would be awesome, to say the least.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Re-opens October 23rd - I just ran into the Manager, Lori Newman.

Be there or be thirsty. :wink:
In Beerum Veritas

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Belgian wrote:Re-opens October 23rd - I just ran into the Manager, Lori Newman.

Be there or be thirsty. :wink:
Is that actually happening? There's no mention of it on their website yet. I guess I can ask 'em at Volo tomorrow.

Slacks

Post by Slacks »

I ran into Mill Street at Hostex last Sunday, confirmed opening on the 23rd. Sorry I forgot to post that here earlier.

Cheers,
Rick.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Actually, I just made that up. It's a rumour. :roll:
In Beerum Veritas

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Belgian wrote:Actually, I just made that up. It's a rumour. :roll:
I didn't doubt that you were given this info from a reputable source. I was just wondering if it was still happening or if it had been delayed again, since they have yet to post an update to their website.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

GregClow wrote:
Belgian wrote:Actually, I just made that up. It's a rumour. :roll:
I didn't doubt that you were given this info from a reputable source. I was just wondering if it was still happening or if it had been delayed again, since they have yet to post an update to their website.
She seemed VERY definite, and handed me a five dollar food voucher. It would suck to do that to people and not open on the 23rd.
In Beerum Veritas

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Okay, you got me this time, Gregor.

Dining with friends at the Distillery on the 21st (Saturday), the sign outside Mill Street said "OPEN IN 5 DAYS". Which makes it the 26th, this Thursday.

Either it changed or somebody there really sucks at math! ;)

Perhaps the MS Store is at least open today if any beer freaks show up. Since I work right nearby I'll let you freaks know what's up.
In Beerum Veritas

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Just got off the phone with the brewpub. They are ready but they haven't had their liquor inspection yet - it is expected to be today. Therefore opening will be Wednesday or Thursday.

tonyk

Post by tonyk »

I hear the brew pub will be opening on Friday.New beers that are going to be featured are a stout,triple i.p.a. an english bitter a pilsner,cherry beer,wheat beer,hells bock!! octoberfest brew plus all the others.tankhouse stock ale organic and coffee porter.chicken wings and the games on the tele!!!!!!!!!!!! and the most amazing draft tower you will ever see!!!!!!!!!!!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

stout,triple i.p.a. an english bitter a pilsner,cherry beer,wheat beer,hells bock!! octoberfest brew plus all the others.tankhouse stock ale organic and coffee porter.
Sounds like I should bring a sleeping bag and my cell phone charger!

Or I wish.

It sucks that I have to get ready that Fri evening for a Sat AM meeting. The cosmic injustice!!!
In Beerum Veritas

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Oh yummy!
I think a visit is in order this weekend or next. Anyone know much about the food there?

Hamilton Brian

Post by Hamilton Brian »

What's the address? The wife and I have to go to Oakville anyway, so perhaps I can convince her to GO it into Toronto.

John Aitken

Post by John Aitken »

The distillery District is located on Mill Street between Parliament and Cherry St. If you take a GO train to Union station you can grab a 72A Pape TTC bus to the front gates. The last eastbound 72A on Friday leaves the south east corner of Front and Bay at around 7:46 pm and runs every 15ish minutes until that time. After that time or to get back you would be best to get a cab as no TTC route leaves the Union stn area and goes that way. The Parliament bus from Castle Frank stn on the Bloor/Danforth subway line will get you close as well and it stops running at 10:15 south from the stn and 10:30 going north back to the stn, also running every 15 mins. or so.