Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

pubs in bloor west village

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

guinness_guy

Post by guinness_guy »

hello all:

i'm pretty sure that no one
has done the pubs in bloor west village,
as there's no section for this area on
the website,

so, this weekend i'll hit one
of my personal faves --> Whelan's,
as well as the Dark Horse and the
Yellow Griffin, and do a write up...

cheers

dave

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy »

Guiness Guy,

Don't forget the Rebel Chop House, Kiwi Kick and Woodhouse Underground (sic?).

The Rebel is a great place for Micro's on tap(at least 15 or so) as well as pretty good food. Kiwi kick has some interesting German lagers on tap. The "Woodhouse" has some polish and russian beers.

Good luck.

guinness_guy

Post by guinness_guy »

hi jonesy:

always thought that the woodhouse
had the strangest mix of food :smile:

kiwi kick is the one
across from high park, right ?

rebel chop house was too full last time
i tried, but i'll give 'er another shot this weekend

cheers

dave

On 2002-08-26 18:08, Jonesy wrote:
Guiness Guy,

Don't forget the Rebel Chop House, Kiwi Kick and Woodhouse Underground (sic?).

The Rebel is a great place for Micro's on tap(at least 15 or so) as well as pretty good food. Kiwi kick has some interesting German lagers on tap. The "Woodhouse" has some polish and russian beers.

Good luck.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: guinness_guy on 2002-08-26 20:20 ]</font>

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy »

GG,

The Woodhouse has polish/ukranian/german food but I have yet to try it. As a teenager I was a bus boy at a Ukranian restaurant and so I devoloped an addiction to cabbage rolls and perogi. I wouldn't say it's necessarily strange food. I plan on giving it a try sometime soon.

Yes, Kiwi Kick is just as you come out of the west exit of the High Park subway station.

Rebel Chop House is always busy as it has a pretty big dinner crowd and the bar is very tiny. Either go late when all the dinner people have left or go on a Sunday/Monday night.