Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

cafe brussel

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Kid Presentable

Post by Kid Presentable »

went there the other night with the wife and a friend and had a great time. the food was great. I had the chimay cheese to start and a carbonnade flammande for a main. both were excellent. the mussels and frites are quite nice aswell. the beer selection was good too. probably as many belgians as joe has, plus(among others) they have leffe brun and la chouffe on tap. the service was quick without being cold, and before tip for three people having three courses each plus some drinks, it came to under $150. not bad at all, I'm definitely going back soon.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Please tell me you had some Chimay beer with your cheese......

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I've always had great times at Cafe Brussel.

Does anyone know if (and where) Chimay cheese is available for purchase in Toronto? I had heard a while back that Belgian cheeses weren't being imported due to some problems, but that they would eventually return.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Chimay cheese is not available in Ontario but it is in Quebec. The big cheese shop in St. Lawrence Market (forget the name) did carry it for a while but dropped it due poor sales...problem is that no one knew it was there including me and I would certainly have bought it and let people know about it.