Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Nuit Blanche Liquor Extensions

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Nuit Blanche Liquor Extensions

Post by Cass »

Nuit Blanche is coming up on September 29th and it will probably be a good event this year. It has been declared an event of cultural significance, so the ACGO has granted 4am extensions to certain bars around town.

Sammy's Student Exchange (Hart House)
Jamie Kennedy At The Gardiner
Its Not A Deli
Gladstone Hotel
Drake Hotel
Hart House Gallery Club
360 Restaurant

For what it's worth, I think this is a bit of a scoop as I don't think this list has been released anywhere else.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Based upon the list, beer afficionadoes are gonig to be in seventh heaven as this is as fine a list of craft beer supporters as I have ever seen...not!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Don't know about you Peter, but I'm not too picky about craft beer if I'm still drinking at 3:30 in the morning.

That being said, it would be nice to have a good beer bar participate in this event or the TIFF.

crawler

Post by crawler »

Last year, "The Social" on Queen West just down the street from the Drake also had an extended license for Nuit Blanche. I think they had 1 or 2 crafts, plus they also had Leffe Brune, which kept me nicely inebriated well into the next morning.

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

Anyone know what the list is for the TIFF?

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

A wrote:Anyone know what the list is for the TIFF?
Waiting for that one, will post when I get it.

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

Well, if you're on top of it then no worries :)

Cask

Post by Cask »

Any word on the TIFF license extensions, seeing as the festival is underway?

Thanks!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Update: NOW lists in their issue this week more places that have a 4am extension. Not sure if it's all accurate, since I got the original list directly from the AGCO. Here it is anyway:

http://www.nowtoronto.com/nuitblanche/bars.cfm