Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Belle-Vue Kriek on Tap Downtown?

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JWalter

Belle-Vue Kriek on Tap Downtown?

Post by JWalter »

Hi Folks, question - Who can tell me some places that currently have Belle-Vue Kriek on tap in Downtown Toronto? Thanks in Advance!
Bored Silly? Check out my blog... http://geeksjournal.blogspot.com

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

None?

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Esplanade Biermarkt has always had it but I haven't been there ina few weeks now. BTW, Labatt's withdrew the bottled version from the LCBO earlier this year so there is no bottled Kriek available in Ontario at the moment. Good news is the LCBO has selected Mort Subite Kriek to replace it and we've just finalized the labelling and packaging and hope to see it on the market soon. We hope before Xmas but, since the LCBO does not accept deliveries from suppliers in December, more likely in January or early February.

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

Hmm I've never seen it at Biermarkt, maybe I should check that place out again. When are we going to get a real kriek here?

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

It is available at Castro's Lounge on Queen street East.

tobyguy

Post by tobyguy »

[quote="JWalter"]Hi Folks, question - Who can tell me some places that currently have Belle-Vue Kriek on tap in Downtown Toronto? Thanks in Advance![/quote]

The Movenpick at first BCE place has this.

First place I ever tride it!

Know of any place where you can actually purchase bottles around town?? I was in Alaska and went into a specialty shop I got some a few weeks ago. Interestingly enough, it tasted much, much better than the stuff the LCBO sold (until they stopped). Even though it was from Kriek as well, the one I tried in the US was much sweater.

Paul

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

tobyguy wrote:Know of any place where you can actually purchase bottles around town??
As noted by esprit's post earlier in the thread, Labatt/InBev are no longer selling Belle-Vue Kriek in bottles in Ontario. It was pulled from the LCBO earlier this year.

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

JWalter wrote:Who can tell me some places that currently have Belle-Vue Kriek on tap in Downtown Toronto?
Well, I know this is a little late, but then I'm new here. :)

Belle Vue Kriek Cherry Lambic Ale is on tap at the West 50 Pourhouse, along with a few others :)
http://www.hiprestaurants.com/west50/me ... erMenu.pdf

I've had it a couple times now. Very nice.

the.brewer

Post by the.brewer »

Can someone please let the West 50 know that beer straight from the kettle would 1) not be how the brewmaster intended it to be sold, 2) not have any alcohol in it and 3) not show much variety in styles. It would also be hot. I'd rather not make a nuisance of myself directly in this case because I'd like to get my beer on tap there someday. We can't go around burning bridges, can we?

Durendal

Post by Durendal »

It's been almost a year since I've been there, but I had about four glasses of it at the Village Idiot (at the northwest corner of Dundas and McCaul - great little pub) last time. Maybe they still have it on tap.

the.brewer

Post by the.brewer »

Jonah Hex wrote:

Belle Vue Kriek Cherry Lambic Ale is on tap at the West 50 Pourhouse, along with a few others
End quote.

My post above may be a bit confusing. I refer to the text in West 50's pdf beer list and don't know how to do quotes properly!

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

the.brewer wrote:Jonah Hex wrote:

Belle Vue Kriek Cherry Lambic Ale is on tap at the West 50 Pourhouse, along with a few others
End quote.

My post above may be a bit confusing. I refer to the text in West 50's pdf beer list and don't know how to do quotes properly!
That would be this text at the top of their beer list?
WEST 50 - CANADA’S LARGEST SELECTION OF DRAUGHT BEER

At West 50 we believe in passing on the quality, craftsmanship and care that these brewers have created in their products.

With over 100 draught beers to choose from, you are about to taste beer that is as close to being straight from the kettle, beer in its freshest state.

We have installed the finest system of draught beer delivery. Our lines are meticulously cleaned after each keg and our state of the art temperature control ensures the perfect product every time!
Not being a brewer, I'll conceed that may be a a mistake. But they mean well. :oops:

It's all the text (beers) below that get my attention, though. 8)
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

the.brewer

Post by the.brewer »

No need at all for the red smiley, Jonah Hex. My criticism is directed purely at the menu writer and is meant to be good natured and constructive. It's just that I really cannot say anything about it myself directly or it may be seen to be associated with the fact that I don't have my beer on tap there, and I can assure you there is no connection (other than the fact that I am a picky SOB!). I've been to the place as a customer several times and enjoyed some great beers in good condition. For the record, now that I have freed up some capacity by making Dunkel a seasonal, I would be very glad to supply the West 50 with Weissbier because I think it would not hang around too long........but this is taking the thread off topic.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

... beer straight from the kettle would 1) not be how the brewmaster intended it to be sold, 2) not have any alcohol in it and 3) not show much variety in styles. It would also be hot.
But would it be very FRESH with a crisp, clean aftertaste? That's all I want - refreshing beer, clean clear aftertaste, reasonably priced.
In Beerum Veritas