Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Ceili Cottage

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

kwjd wrote: I can jog that far in 20 minutes. It is 10 min drive max if there is no traffic. Could increase in rush hour.
Well there was some traffic, we had to wait at several lights, and like I said, our driver diverted down a few side streets in what was likely a purposeful attempt to add distance and $$$ to the tab. But I'm glad hear to it's much closer to downtown than I was led to believe.

For any Beer Advocate members who have been here recently, please get on the site and review this place. It only needs one more rating before it starts appearing on the 'best in the city' list in the Beer Guide for Toronto. Cheers!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Aaand it's gone. FB

The place was gutted when I just walked by. No yurt or anything allowed, lower winter revenue.
Maybe another casualty of when Toronto doesn't let cool things happen?

Truthfully I find it a bit expensive to go anywhere for just a pint and a burger these days, and Ceili was no exception. But the food was decent, so I made a point to drop in and it's been great for years (after the glitchy first year or so.) I'm sure if Patrick wants to come back strong somewhere in the east end, a certain semi-affluent crowd will always be there for the Ceili.

Can't believe it's 10 years gone!
In Beerum Veritas