Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Morrisey House, London On.

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

hopdevil

Post by hopdevil »

I was in London for a bridge tournament this week.
We were very impressed by The Morrissey and went there for dinner every day but one. Word got around, so more players were going, as the week went on.
Beer: Smashbomb ( great tasting, here ) Hops & Robbers
GRB Blackberry Wheat, couple of Duggan's ( wish they wouldn't say the #9 is a West-coast style ) House beer called Suedehead, Mill St, and others.

Food: everyone raved about the food - in particular; the meatloaf, lamb shanks, trout, the soups.
I had a great Louisiana chicken sandwich at lunch.
You can tell that a lot of of care and effort goes into the food here.

Service: great - friendly and efficient

We'll be sure to return when the next tournament rolls around.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Glad to hear you had a good time. They've definitely matured into a proper gastropub, and I like how the draught menu only shows the craft and featured beers. My girlfriend and I go there on Sundays when Milos' place is closed. We love the food and there's always something different on tap (Raftman, Sorachi, Hops & Robbers, etc). It's a cool spot that's improved dramatically in the last year or so.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott