Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cask Condition Beer at the Arrow & Loon in Ottawa

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

tyler90

Post by tyler90 »

Great idea: plan this so it's available February 19th at the earliest!

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Scotty

Set up a special night for this when you get it. Advertise it here and we'll come. Please do not post that you are about to tap it the night that you are doing so. Give us some heads up. I would really like to be there for this!

Is the Bog Father dead? I might stop by for lunch tomorrow if it's still got some life.

ScottyJ77

Post by ScottyJ77 »

cfrancis wrote:Scotty

Set up a special night for this when you get it. Advertise it here and we'll come. Please do not post that you are about to tap it the night that you are doing so. Give us some heads up. I would really like to be there for this!

Is the Bog Father dead? I might stop by for lunch tomorrow if it's still got some life.
Bog water was only tapped early Saturday and is getting good reviews

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

ScottyJ77 wrote:The Ottawa Cask Festival has been decided to be on Sunday May 15th from 11am to 12pm or unless the casks run out early. It will be at the Arrow & Loon 99 Fifth Avenue in the courtyard with more details to follow.
Just to clarify is the time given above a typo or is the cask festival really only going to run for an hour on a Sunday starting at 11 o’clock in the morning?

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

May 15th. That's around the Glebe Garage sale weekend. Fantastic. My wife can yard sale and I'll sit in at the A&L and drink!!

notdan

Post by notdan »

ScottyJ77 wrote:The Ottawa Cask Festival has been decided to be on Sunday May 15th from 11am to 12pm or unless the casks run out early. It will be at the Arrow & Loon 99 Fifth Avenue in the courtyard with more details to follow.
Awesome! Can't wait.

hops are your friend

Post by hops are your friend »

cfrancis wrote:May 15th. That's around the Glebe Garage sale weekend. Fantastic. My wife can yard sale and I'll sit in at the A&L and drink!!
Sorry, the garage sale is May 28th this year. Your wife can still check out the shops in the Glebe & Old Ottawa South. If you can also convince her to see a movie at the Mayfair you'll have even more time for beer...

ScottyJ77

Post by ScottyJ77 »

Friday February 4 2011

Tapped a new pin of Sgt. Majors IPA @ 9:30pm
Also, finished the Beaus Bog Father and am waiting for the first order of Corporal Punishment Brown Ale to tap it.
Third tap of Black Irish is just about finished.

ScottyJ77

Post by ScottyJ77 »

Forgot to put this up yesterday,

Thursday February 08 2011 6:30pm

Tapped Corporal Punishment Cask (Scotch Irish)

Brews Phillips

Post by Brews Phillips »

This sounds like a great event! My calendar is marked.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

ScottyJ77 wrote:Forgot to put this up yesterday,

Thursday February 08 2011 6:30pm

Tapped Corporal Punishment Cask (Scotch Irish)
I was in on Friday night, and the Punishment was great!!!

ScottyJ77

Post by ScottyJ77 »

Just wanted to let everybody know that we have launched our new website www.ArrowAndLoon.com it is always going to be a work in progress but it is going to be an invaluable piece of delivering information to all you folks.

www.ArrowAndLoon.com

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

ScottyJ77 wrote:Just wanted to let everybody know that we have launched our new website www.ArrowAndLoon.com it is always going to be a work in progress but it is going to be an invaluable piece of delivering information to all you folks.

www.ArrowAndLoon.com

Cool. Thanks for the updates.

I know it is a work in progress, but I think a current draught list would be a great addition.
As it turns out, it looks like I'll be in Ottawa at the beginning of April, so I'm definitely swinging by. I always like spending time in the Glebe. And with that burger list, I may bypass The Workz and just eat there too!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

ScottyJ77

Post by ScottyJ77 »

*** ANOTHER CASK ALERT ***

We have just received from Beau's Brewing company a cask of specially made 'Beau's Winter Brewed'

Here is a link for a description http://www.beaus.ca/beer/wild_oats/winterbrewed

Tapped Thursday Feb 24 5:00pm

Last Beau's cask lasted less then 48 hours and I think this will go faster, I tasted it already and its delicious

ScottyJ77

Post by ScottyJ77 »

Beaus Winterbrew Cask

We are getting another to tap for Wednesday March 9th. It is an extremely limited edition and the brewery is sold out of it except for 2 casks they set aside for us and you, our guests!

Also,

Corporal Punishment Cask (Scotch Irish)
Tapped Friday March 4 2011 @ 5:00pm

Also, big announcement coming soon about our beer line up!!!