Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cask Condition Beer at the Arrow & Loon in Ottawa

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

codfishh

Post by codfishh »

Tried the Corporal Punishment Friday evening, it was so good I had to have two! :) The pizza was good too.

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

Apparently they have the Beaver River on Cask, but it wasn't tapped when we were there on Friday night.
drinkvine.com - a better way to find your beer and wine.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

When it gets posted, I'll be there.

ScottyJ77

Post by ScottyJ77 »

We don't have Beaver River on Cask we have it as a normal Kegged beer, once we finish the last of the Bogwater the Beaver River will be tapped. We will have the Beau's Winter Brewed Wednesday or Thursday on Cask

ScottyJ77

Post by ScottyJ77 »

Beau's Winter Brewed delivery has been delayed, should be in Friday March 11 before 5pm

Corporal Punishment Brown Bitter Ale (Scotch Irish)
Tapped Thursday March 11 @ 10:00pm

ScottyJ77

Post by ScottyJ77 »

Beau's Winter Brewed (Beau's Brewery)

Tapped Friday March 11 @ 6:00pm

ScottyJ77

Post by ScottyJ77 »

I am getting some Beau's Sleepy Hollow Imperial Stout on Friday April 1st and it will be ready to tap after the weekend. I will be tapping it Monday April 4th at 5pm.

ScottyJ77

Post by ScottyJ77 »

Tapped Corporal Punishment Brown Bitter Ale and Sgt. Majors IPA on Friday March 31st at 9:30pm.

I have put a twitter feed on the website www.arrowandloon.com that I can actually tweet on the fly a little quicker of news and updates.

ScottyJ77

Post by ScottyJ77 »

Forgot to post that the Matt's Sleepytime Imperial Stout was tapped on Sunday and we also have another small keg of it as a little bonus.

notdan

Post by notdan »

All this Beau's is making me pretty excited to get back to Ottawa in a few weeks. Can't wait to drop by for a few pints.

ScottyJ77

Post by ScottyJ77 »

Just tapped at 8:45pm Friday April 8th Heritage Traditional Dark

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

Any news on what, if anything, will be on this weekend. Heading to the Pixies show on Saturday, looking for a place before the show.

Thanks!

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Thanks for doing this Scotty, nice to see someone in Ottawa taking their beer line-up so seriously. I'll be back in Ottawa in July, and will be nice to have a place to feed my cask habit. Keep up the good work!

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

ScottyJ77 wrote:The Ottawa Cask Festival has been decided to be on Sunday May 15th from 11am to 12pm or unless the casks run out early. It will be at the Arrow & Loon 99 Fifth Avenue in the courtyard with more details to follow.
I took a look at the website and I was wondering about this? Any update on the cask festival?

tyler90

Post by tyler90 »

Also, I hope you mean it runs until 12am (midnight).
I'd just like to get in on some of the action after work!