Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Chester's Beers Of The World - Hamilton, ON

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

I remember going in there around 1995 and not knowing much about beer. We tried a couple of different bottles and marveled at the Japanese Lager that was priced at $50 or so... certainly rare at the time, but probably not that good.

Then in 2005, Len shared a bottle of Goudenband (from 1987) with Mike and I... great stuff.

You should really check the vintage on some of those Belgians... I bet they still have some well-cellared stuff!

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

I was in Hamilton last weekend and happened to walk past Chester's. All of the old signage is still up and there's no indication of any new ownership or renovations. I wonder when they are planning to re-open. Curious to see what the new owner does with the place, though his comments in the Spec article and decision not to purchase Michael's inventory leave me skeptical.

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

It's Hamilton. The sign will stay up on a place that shut down ten years ago. :)