Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Syndicate (formerly known as Niagara's Best Brewpub)

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

dutchcanuck

The Syndicate (formerly known as Niagara's Best Brewpub)

Post by dutchcanuck »

I had the opportunity to have a burger and pint at the new place last night and I would encourage everyone to stop in there if you're ever in the nieghbourhood. Although the beers are not going to win any awards they are solid and mostly drinkable. The food, however, I cannot think of any other establishment in the Niagara region that is putting out such a high quality spread for such a low price. The Monday night special was a burger and a pint for 10 bucks. I had the Chuck Norris IPA, and it was solid, but the burger? My God the burger was one of the best I have ever had. And I love burgers...whether its the Capitol in Richmond, VA, or a burger grilled to order at Cole's in buffalo, I love a good burger (I don't head to Toronto often). This bad boy was served on a fresh bakery kaiser and topped with crisp pancetta, field greens, and a wonderful tomato aioli. You could tell that the burger was made from scratch and not your typical frozen patty, the flavours married ever so well. I have eaten there before with good results, but that burger clinched it. If I want to go out for some solid fare, no need to look anywhere else other than The Syndicate.

jfitz

Post by jfitz »

My wife and I are slowly turning into regulars at Syndicate. We have been visiting on a fairly regular basis since the opening. The food has been spot on every time we have been there. Service has always been great. It seems every dish that comes out of that kitchen has a lot of care and consideration put into it.

I am a big fan of the Abbey Dubbel, unfortunately there is no more of that to be had. I find the Chuck Norris quite a reliable "go to" beer. Haven't had much a chance to try any of the NB beers.

Flood

Post by Flood »

I was at Syndicate on Monday of this week. Both Milos and myself had a great time there, as well as the TAPS Brewpub, which we also visited.

Both places are fully dedicated to expanding the local beer scene with fervor and creativity, and the proprietors are incredibly kind and courteous.

I encourage anybody who is swinging through Niagara to check both places out.

:D
beer up

Milos

Post by Milos »

Agreed. Great people with a passion and desire to brew more interesting beers. So far, we had Chuck Norris IPA, Abbey Dubbel, Big E Chokeslam DIPA and Baltic Shipwreck RIS and all those beers were received quite well here.
So many beers and so little time!!

Timmy

Post by Timmy »

Just tried the food there for the first time since they changed over. I just had wings...they were really good and as usual the beer was stellar.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Is this place still running? None of their websites seem to be alive anymore.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

JerCraigs wrote:Is this place still running? None of their websites seem to be alive anymore.
Yup: http://syndicatebrewery.ca/

Looks like they're planning a second Syndicate in St. Catharines as well. Interesting.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

GregClow wrote:
JerCraigs wrote:Is this place still running? None of their websites seem to be alive anymore.
Yup: http://syndicatebrewery.ca/

Looks like they're planning a second Syndicate in St. Catharines as well. Interesting.
Actually that website doesn't work for me either. http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com says it's up so I imagine there's something screwy going on.
A shark on whisky is mighty risky. A shark on beer is a beer engineer.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

And it works now... weird.