Brydens

Post your own brewpub, pub and restaurant reviews here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

Garthicus

Brydens

Postby Garthicus » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:37 pm

Forgive me if this thread already exists, I'm posting from my iPhone and can't be arsed to use the search function ;)

Anyhow, what a gem of a place this is. I come here perhaps twice a week for a quick pint after work. Currently I'm sitting at the bar enjoying a Cask pint of Great lakes 'Bag of mangoes' ale. Cheap and cheerful and friendly staff too.

Al
"A pint is too much, but I do not mind pickles" and " even more synthetic (and natural) aroma."
Garthicus

Postby Garthicus » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:48 am

Just wondering - could it have been the Black Oak Mango Saison? (both servers said it was GL)
"A pint is too much, but I do not mind pickles" and " even more synthetic (and natural) aroma."
mistermurphy

Postby mistermurphy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:06 am

Probably GL, they had "Bag O Mangoes" at Session99...

I agree, Bryden's is great.
SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Postby SteelbackGuy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:56 am

Never even heard of Brydens. What is it a beer bar? It may be worth checking out on my next visit.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!
mistermurphy

Postby mistermurphy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:50 am

Yeah, they're a beer bar in bloor west, laid back place, good brunch and the owner is good friends with Lackey. Lots of good beer on tap.

SteelbackGuy wrote:Never even heard of Brydens. What is it a beer bar? It may be worth checking out on my next visit.
Pub Style
Bar Fly

Postby Pub Style » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:35 pm

SteelbackGuy wrote:Never even heard of Brydens. What is it a beer bar? It may be worth checking out on my next visit.

Here is an older review of Bryden's I did a long time ago... it has gotten even better since then. Only one macro tap line left - Moosehead for the diehards

http://bit.ly/iTRepN

And here is an interview I did with the owner (Tash) back in November 2010

http://bit.ly/jDtDiu

Bryden's has become my west-end local and my off site office for TAPS meetings. Solid food, good staff, and a great line-up of local beers.
lagerale

Postby lagerale » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:53 pm

I am very impressed with food/menu every time I go, a large step above pub grub for sure. Oh, and the beer selection is the best in the Village.
bostonfox

Postby bostonfox » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:38 pm

mistermurphy wrote:Yeah, they're a beer bar in bloor west, laid back place, good brunch and the owner is good friends with Lackey. Lots of good beer on tap.

Thanks to all for all the nice comments(no Alan isn't on the payroll)...but being good friends with Mike Lackey might be the worst compliment I ever got...
Last edited by bostonfox on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Postby JerCraigs » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:27 am

bostonfox wrote:Thanks to all for all the nice comments(no Alan isn't on the payroll)...but being good friends with Mike Lackey might be the worst compliment I ever got...

Is it better to be bad friends with Mike Lackey? Wait... uh... don't answer that :)
thelynchfella

Postby thelynchfella » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:05 pm

Love the bar!! I live beside it, and love dropping in after work!!
Frere Ambroise

Postby Frere Ambroise » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:09 pm

Great place for beer -- and the food is pretty amazing too. Very creative and compliments the craft tap selection quite nicely. Cheers!

Return to “Good Pub Reviews”