Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bellwoods Brewery

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cheechonaleash

Post by cheechonaleash »

Digging up an old thread here. A couple buddies and I took a trip to Bellwoods this past Sunday. None of us had ever been before but we were pretty excited for a few weeks leading up.

We arrived to a pretty packed house but were able to snag one of the few remaining seats. I started off with a Roman Candle which was pretty great. Both buddies started with Skelton Key which they enjoyed. I moved on to Hellwoods which was a great Stout with an incredible viscosity in the mouthfeel. From there we ordered a reserve bottle of 3 Minutes to Midnight. Although it was $25 it was a rather tasty brew. The cherries added to the brew added a nice subtle fruit layer to the flavour. Then we ordered another reserve bottle of No Sleep Til Brooklyn which was on par with everything else. Sour Stout is a new one for me but it worked well! Service was great, atmosphere was great and beer obviously was great... But the space is pretty awesome. Not huge, nothing fancy... But I really dug it. A bit pricey too, but worth the money imo.

We then, of course, went next door to the bottle shop where I snagged 2 each of Witchshark, Wizard Wolf, Stay Classy and Skeleton Key.

Will go back!

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Had my bottle of "no sleep..." about 3 months ago, also a new style for me. Took a few sips to get into it, but by the end I was loving it.

cheechonaleash

Post by cheechonaleash »

sofakingdrunk wrote:Had my bottle of "no sleep..." about 3 months ago, also a new style for me. Took a few sips to get into it, but boy the end I was loving it.
I felt the same way. A little unsure with the first few sips, but intrigued. Then as I drank more it was great!

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

If you're anything like me, this'll bring a smile to your face: