Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bloor/Avenue Road/Yorkville area?

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

zane9

Bloor/Avenue Road/Yorkville area?

Post by zane9 »

Hope this is the right spot for this post, since I'm not doing a review.

A friend is in town from Buenos Aires, and staying in the Bloor & Avenue Road area. I'd like to take him to a local pub with local craft beers on offer.

Other than the Victory near Bathurst, can anyone recommend another pub in the immediate area? The Bedford Academy, for example, is close but has no local micros.

Thanks.

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

Bar Volo is perhaps a 15 minute walk from there (more or less), ditto Rebel House; both of course are on Yonge Street.

Gary
Gary Gillman

zane9

Post by zane9 »

Thanks, G.M.

My friend will be finishing an entire day of meetings so I don't know if he's up for a walk to Volo (one of my favorite spots). But I'll suggest it!

bartle

Post by bartle »

Duke of York used to have Denison's on tap. I haven't been there in a while, but I'd assume it's a good place. They were sporting Muskoka a while ago as well.
I believe the usual Rickards is suspect on tap, but you don't have to buy that.
enjoi

Beermat

Post by Beermat »

Not much at the Duke of York, and certainly no Denison's. Usually a bit of Muskoka but seldom anything I'm really looking for. I was there most recently for a family occasion; it was chosen because I had to drive afterwards and there's never much likelihood I'm going to get squiffy there.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Curiously, though, they had one of the hard-to-get Fuller's casks this past winter. But apart from that ....