Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

dieu du ceil - montreal

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Hopaholic

dieu du ceil - montreal

Post by Hopaholic »

Went to montreal for a little 3 day gettaway last week, and the number one spot i wanted to go to was deiu du ceil, it was worth it! They had 18 of their beers on tap we got there before they opend and had to go for a drive first, they oppend at 1 and we spent the whole afternoon there. I had the rauchbier and a saison, both of which for my was a first time trying those styles, also had a peppercon pale ale and smoked porter, our server was great and offered us many samples so i got to try a few othes as well, i must say all of their beers are exelent but the rauchbeir and pepercorn pale where amazing, the food was good to, also the atmosphere was great, my girlfriend love the art on the walls (same ones printed on their bottles) and our server ended up finding lagre prints in the back for her , we now have them hanging in our dining room, lol. we had planned to go back in the evening we enjoyed it so much but never ended up making it back. :( we tried to find some of their beers at the corner stores but no luck, all filled with unibroue. this is a must stop for anyone going to montreal. We also stopped by l'amere a boire, le chavel blank and brutopia, there was probably another half a dozen brewpubs we never had time for as well

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

You did well hitting some other places though. Next time V&V.

For DDC bottles right nearby the brew pub there is the run-down looking Paradis de la Biere at 151 Laurier (down the street) and "Depanneur Video" is also just around the block at 5191 St Laurent.

For the freshest and cheapest DDC and LTM I always make a stop at the Provigo at 50 Avenue Du Mont-Royal Ouest, a grocery store with a good supply of the bigger and more current releases. You will Scrooge a buck a bottle compared to buying at home, and saved money is gas money!
In Beerum Veritas