Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Blue Meaney: A Microbrew Freehouse

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Asst. Grain Shoveller

Post by Asst. Grain Shoveller »

Hi Y'all
Yesterday Kieron Meaney (and Paula) got possession of "The Blue Meaney", which will be opening after about 2 months of renovation. It is located one big block south of Yonge & Eglington. Vague dates for opening are the Fall of 2003.
(It has the old sign "The Manhattan Lounge" on the front. It is on the west side of Yonge, right across from the Art Shoppe)
There's lots of work to be done, but if you have some spare time and are kind of handy, I'm sure volunteer work would be most appreciated.
Having more pubs that support microbreweries is fantastic. Please remember to support them. Thats how we can grow the awareness of the microbreweries in Ontario.
Drop by every now and then to offer some support and best wishes.
Get ready for the fall!!!!!!
BTW they have a nice patio out back which will be perfect for some good microbrew friends to hang out.
Cheers Ken

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Asst. Grain Shoveller on 2003-07-12 12:42 ]</font>

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

I got a call on that this morning...great news for those of us who live in the area. The ten minute walks to the Bow and Granite were just too much :smile:

I will do what I can to keep people here updated.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Great news indeed. For those who are interested, the exact address is 2140 Yonge St., and K hopes to be up and running in September.

Can't wait - as Josh mentioned that's quite a nice little beer district we have uptown!

Publican

Post by Publican »

I went by today and there was a sign with a silhouette of K with blue spiked hair. Can't wait till it's open as it will make a nice addition to a uptown pub crawl.

Asst. Grain Shoveller

Post by Asst. Grain Shoveller »

Hi again
Gotta make a correction. Kay's pub will be a Microbrewery Freehoose. I've seen the future menu and it looks good. Better line up now.
They've gutted most of the place so it no longer has that 40+ swinging singles feel to it. (Where will all the cougars go??).
Kay plans on having at least 9 taps and every micro in bottle in the fridge. Should be great!!!
Cheers Ken

Publican

Post by Publican »

How many of those taps will be handpumps, we need more cask condtioned ale in Toronto.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Publican on 2003-07-27 12:27 ]</font>

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

I'm looking for my first (probably only) real ale account in Toronto. Perhaps I can convince Kieran to put Dry Hop Border Bitter or Sgt. Majors cask on? I'd gladly deliver to him, knowing that he understands real ale,

Publican

Post by Publican »

That would be great Perry! Please keep us all
informed of your progress.