Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Crooked Cue Port Credit

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Publican

Crooked Cue Port Credit

Post by Publican »

Myself and a couple of friends went to the Crooked Cue tonight and found out that they will be changing 4 to 5 taps over to craft beer in early Feburary. They decided to carry Mad Tom IPA but haven't decided what else to carry. They are getting rid of Stella, Alexander Keiths, Old Credit Pale Pilsner and Hoegaarden.

They have a decent selection on tap right now: Fuller's London Pride, Leffe Brune, Erdinger Weissbier, Sam Adams Winter Lager and Mill Street Tankhouse.

Intresting bottles are: Chimay red (750ml) Duvel, Czechvar ( Budweiser Budvar) Erdinger Dunkel, Southern Tier IPA, St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout. Mad Tom IPA and Blanche de Chambly.

Mississauga Bartowelers there is now a alternative to crappy West 50. Please patronise the Crooked Cue as we need more than 3 craft drinkers to imbibe here to make sure they keep craft beer on tap. When I find out exactly what they are replacing the InBev and Old Credit with I will post it.

Ontario Craft Brewers: You know have an opportunity to showcase your beers in a great neighbourhood. Other than SteamWhistle and Old Credit there are no other craft beers on draught in the pubs of Port Credit.

The Crooked Cue: 75 Lakeshore Road East, Mississauga. ph 905-271-7665 e-mail mississauga@crookedcue.ca

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Great news for drinking in Peel!

Now if we can only get something going in Brampton...er, unlikely as that is...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Mad Tom! I was just there last weekend and was drinking rum and coke all night. Oh well.

Sil

Post by Sil »

They've switched over several of the taps now and brought in some new bottles. When we were there last Thursday:

Draft Additions:
Mad Tom
Lug Tread
Old Credit Amber

Bottle Additions:
Netherworld
St. Ambroise Apricot
Great Lakes Red Leaf
(maybe others, I had a few pints and I've forgotten the whole list)

The owner is committed to craft beer, so I wouldn't be surprised if the selection grows. Definitely a place to hit if you're in S. Mississauga.

Publican

Post by Publican »

JeffPorter wrote:Great news for drinking in Peel!

Jeff, If you want to check out the Crooked Cue you could take the Mississauga Transit Route 103 from Shoppers World to Port Credit GO and the Crooked Cue is a five minute walk from the station. The last Route 103 from Port Credit is 9:50 pm on weekdays, 8:26 pm on Saturday's. On Sunday there is no Route 103 service but there is service to Hurontario and Hwy 407 on Route 19 where you could transfer to Brampton Transit Route 2 or Route 502. The last Route 19 is 11:40 pm.
If you want to use Route 19 on weekdays the last bus is 12:41 am, on Saturday's it's at 10:31 pm. Check out www.mississauga.ca/portal/miway for further bus times.

I was at the Great Lakes Project X last night and was told that there will be
a Great Lakes cask ale at the Crooked Cue sometime. I don't now which ale or when it's going to be on but when I find out I'll post that information.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

This is great news! I will have to head down there some time soon.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Publican wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:Great news for drinking in Peel!

Jeff, If you want to check out the Crooked Cue you could take the Mississauga Transit Route 103 from Shoppers World to Port Credit GO and the Crooked Cue is a five minute walk from the station. The last Route 103 from Port Credit is 9:50 pm on weekdays, 8:26 pm on Saturday's. On Sunday there is no Route 103 service but there is service to Hurontario and Hwy 407 on Route 19 where you could transfer to Brampton Transit Route 2 or Route 502. The last Route 19 is 11:40 pm.
If you want to use Route 19 on weekdays the last bus is 12:41 am, on Saturday's it's at 10:31 pm. Check out www.mississauga.ca/portal/miway for further bus times.

I was at the Great Lakes Project X last night and was told that there will be
a Great Lakes cask ale at the Crooked Cue sometime. I don't now which ale or when it's going to be on but when I find out I'll post that information.
Will definitely check it out - Old Brampton and Port Credit are my two favourite places in Peel...plus, I'm just north of Steeles Ave and Bramalea. 5 mins south and over the 407 and I'm in Mississauga. Great Record store down there too.

On a side note: I'm a Downtown ex-pat in Peel now - For all I bitched and moaned about moving up here, Brampton and Mississauga transit do a pretty good job of getting people around with buses...was really impressed with the Zum and MiWay express lines.

I'd rather be on a bus on Hurontario/Main than a bus on Eglinton...but we shouldn't mention transit on Eglinton...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Publican wrote: On tap right now: Fuller's London Pride, Leffe Brune, Erdinger Weissbier, Sam Adams Winter Lager, and Mill Street Tankhouse.

Interesting bottles are: Chimay Red, Duvel, Czechvar, Erdinger Dunkel, Southern Tier IPA, St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout...and Blanche de Chambly.

Mississauga Bar Towelers there is now an alternative to crappy West 50. Please patronize the Crooked Cue as we need more than 3 craft drinkers to imbibe here to make sure they keep craft beer on tap.
Sil wrote: Draft Additions:
Mad Tom
Lug Tread
Old Credit Amber

Bottle Additions:
Netherworld
St. Ambroise Apricot
This is very good news. With ~750,000 people, Mississauga should have way more options than the mediocre West 50. Glad to hear that Crooked Cue is getting the ball rolling. I also agree with Publican that local Towelers should frequent the hell out of this place if they value having craft beer at pubs and would like to see further improvement. Plus who can say no to Mad Tom on tap?
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

cratez wrote:
Publican wrote: On tap right now: Fuller's London Pride, Leffe Brune, Erdinger Weissbier, Sam Adams Winter Lager, and Mill Street Tankhouse.

Interesting bottles are: Chimay Red, Duvel, Czechvar, Erdinger Dunkel, Southern Tier IPA, St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout...and Blanche de Chambly.

Mississauga Bar Towelers there is now an alternative to crappy West 50. Please patronize the Crooked Cue as we need more than 3 craft drinkers to imbibe here to make sure they keep craft beer on tap.
Sil wrote: Draft Additions:
Mad Tom
Lug Tread
Old Credit Amber

Bottle Additions:
Netherworld
St. Ambroise Apricot
This is very good news. With ~750,000 people, Mississauga should have way more options than the mediocre West 50. Glad to hear that Crooked Cue is getting the ball rolling. I also agree with Publican that local Towelers should frequent the hell out of this place if they value having craft beer at pubs and would like to see further improvement. Plus who can say no to Mad Tom on tap?
Heading down on Tuesday night!

Publican

Post by Publican »

Jeff, What time are you going to be at the Crooked Cue tomorrow night? I could be there at 6:30 and I'll be there for a couple of hours.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Sorry, man! I didn't realize tomorrow was feb 14 - another Tuesday though, by the time I get there it'd probably be around 8:00...

Sil

Post by Sil »

We're down for a Crooked Cue meet-up on a non Valentine's Day as well :)

Soods

Post by Soods »

Hey if we can make it we'll be there as well. Let's pick out a date and see how it works. :D

Publican

Post by Publican »

Hey Bartoweler's how about meeting at the Crooked Cue this Saturday afternoon at 3 or 4 pm. If that's not good I could be there Friday night or Sunday afternoon. Let me know what's good for everyone.

Sil

Post by Sil »

We'd be down for Saturday afternoon or Friday night. Sunday the hubby will probably be brewing.

Hope to see some folks!