Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

3030 -- 3030 Dundas West (Junction) @ High Park

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Frere Ambroise

3030 -- 3030 Dundas West (Junction) @ High Park

Post by Frere Ambroise »

Hi folks,

I'll be checking this out tonight as they just opened. They have a dozen taps including our Apricot and Oatmeal Stout. Will update later when I know the full line-up.

The owners are using the space to be very community arts-friendly including a real stage for bands to perform etc.

Cheers,
Barry

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

They tweeted this photo of the tap list a while ago - you'll have to turn your screen (or head) sideways to read it, but it looks pretty nice!

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

What's FM Stereo Vision?
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

JeffPorter wrote:What's FM Stereo Vision?
There was a tweet from Flying Monkeys saying that they would have a one-off on tap at 3030, so I guess that's it.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

GregClow wrote:
There was a tweet from Flying Monkeys saying that they would have a one-off on tap at 3030, so I guess that's it.
"Stereo Vision" was also the answer to one of their clues posted on Facebook regarding new brands that will be added to the lineup. Along with some sort of Rye beer, and "Genius of Suburbia". Hopefully we see more of these soon!
A shark on whisky is mighty risky. A shark on beer is a beer engineer.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Cale wrote:
GregClow wrote:
"Stereo Vision" was also the answer to one of their clues posted on Facebook regarding new brands that will be added to the lineup. Along with some sort of Rye beer, and "Genius of Suburbia". Hopefully we see more of these soon!
From what I have heard, it will be bottled and is awaiting LCBO label approval and lab testing.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

From a search I found out it was recently at the Gambrinus tap take over -

Any london area BTers try it? Just wondering what stlye it is...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

JeffPorter wrote:From a search I found out it was recently at the Gambrinus tap take over -

Any london area BTers try it? Just wondering what stlye it is...
"Sound Without Vision" was at the tap takeover. From what I recall it wasn't anything special. I'm guessing it's the same beer as they switched up names for a few beers that night (Genius of Suburbia was "The Patriot") but can't say for certain. The one on tap that night was billed as a 7% APA. I'm hopeful that what we had that night wasn't representative of what we'll eventually be getting, as they had a few kegs that clearly didn't turn out the way they wanted.

The Rye PA and the American Wheat were both great that night.
A shark on whisky is mighty risky. A shark on beer is a beer engineer.

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

Don't you wonder sometimes 'bout Sound without Vision?
saintjohnswort.ca

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

saints_gambit wrote:Don't you wonder sometimes 'bout Sound without Vision?
Blue, blue, electric blue...

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

FYI - Stereovision is brewed with tons of wheat, honey malt and a solid and continuous hopping of Stryian Goldings (can you believe no c-hops or dry hopping). It tastes nothing like sound without vision but we did experiment with stryian goldings that evening in that beer.

I hope that makes a little sense.

PC

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

we hit 3030 last night.

first, its a BIG bar. this place has tonnes of potential. it has a stage, so i hope that (good) live bands may be part of its future.

it has THREE vintage pinball machines. yes!!!

tap list: its Ontario Above Average i.e. there was 1 beer i was excited about, 2-3 beer I'd drink if i had to and the rest isn't great but its not swill. so i'd put its tap list in the upper 25% of TO bars. I drank GLB porter all night. my friends were happy to drink Beau's LugTread.

now here's the added bonus: food. they have $5 bar food. we pretty much sampled everything. think there were 1 or 2 "that's just ok", such as the butter chicken wings and the portabello mushroom on quinoa. but everything else was really, really good. the wedge fries were hopefully home made because they were tasty and cooked properly. their pigs in a blanket was an excellent ground pork mix rolled in pastry dough. honestly, it was damn tasty. the beef carpaccio was very good for a $5 ap. we're not talking about The Black Hoof here. but it was very nice. and the bell pepper stuffed wontons (sorry, i'm pretty sure that's not what its called on the menu) were excellent as well.

i'm an east ender and i wouldn't necessarily drive across town to go to 3030. but if i lived in or near the Junction and wanted a pint or 4, a place to hang out without any pretense and have a snack (or dinner), i'd definitely put 3030 at the top of my list.