Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bar Hop

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

Cass wrote:Going here for the first time after work today. Looking forward to it. If anyone is around stop by and say hi!
Done.
"A pint is too much, but I do not mind pickles" and " even more synthetic (and natural) aroma."

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

I gave 'em a 90 on Rate Beer as my girlfriend and I were quite satisfied with our experience and the draught list is unbelievable. Le Cheval Blanc, 3 DDC taps, La Trappe, Cameron's RPA, and one-offs from Beau's, Black Oak, Great Lakes, and Nickel Brook? That's about as good as it gets here, unless you're at a Volo event. The food is very tasty and I'm sure the service kinks will be worked out shortly as the staff find their footing. IMHO this place is already one of the best beer bars in Ontario. With the opening of Bar Hop, Bellwoods, and Milos' Beer Emporium in the last few months, we're starting to see a reordering of the top beer spots in this province. Needless to say it's a great time to be a craft beer drinker!
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Great spot, will definitely be back. And Garthicus did say hi :-)

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

Both times I was there my friends made many comments about the friendly attentive staff and welcoming/ warm ambiance. Everyone gets busy sometimes and service cant always be perfect the way we would all like. I say cool place. Reasonable prices, great selection.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

since nobody mentioned where it is, here ya go.

Bar Hop is at 391 King St West, Toronto (formerly Libra Lounge.)

Just west of Europe Bound, east of Spadina / the new LCBO.
In Beerum Veritas

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

They have a couple of rare taps on right now if you didn't get to try them over the summer:

Barrel Aged Beaver River
The Pan Ontario Barrel Aged blend

Not to mention a keg of Peche.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

lister

Mike-KBCo

Post by Mike-KBCo »

We're having our Baldwin FishEYE-PA launch party here on the 25th of October. There's no admission and we're bringing three versions of FishEYE: cask, draught and a keg running through Randall The Enamel Animal. Cheers!

RSVP -

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Been open for lunch now a couple of weeks, Mon-Fri starting at 11:30am. There's a lunch menu, chicken salad sandwich is new. You can order from the regular menu too. Another new menu item is clam chowder.
lister

KW1

Post by KW1 »

I visited over thanksgiving weekend. Loved the place. In my top two for Toronto. I'm into international bottle selections and taps. They have a very impressive bottle collection and the best belgian selection in TO in my experience. Nice atmosphere with a small place feel. Reasonable food. Nice to have mussels and oysters on the menu.

Mike-KBCo

Post by Mike-KBCo »

Stopped in last night and the tap list is outrageous. I definitely suggest checking it out before kegs start blowing.

Cheers.

Bar_Hop

Post by Bar_Hop »

Just wanted to drop a quick line to let everybody know that we'll be closed from today until the 7th to do some minor renovating. Mostly boring behind the scenes kinda stuff that needed to get taken care of, but it also afforded us the opportunity to dp a little tap expansion. We're building a second walk in fridge downstairs to house kegs for twelve new taps. The new fridge will be kept at a warmer temperature for Belgians, imperial stouts, etc.

So yeah, we'll have 36 taps in total plus we're adding a second cask engine. Pretty cool if you ask me!

Matt

Bar_Hop

Post by Bar_Hop »

OK, so just to give you guys a quick update- renos are running behind (best laid plans, right?) so while we are open today the new taps as well as both cask engines will not actually be functional until later this week- hopefully Thursday. Sorry about that!

Matt

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

Bar_Hop wrote:We're building a second walk in fridge downstairs to house kegs for twelve new taps. The new fridge will be kept at a warmer temperature for Belgians, imperial stouts, etc.
Best bar in town!

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Bar_Hop wrote:OK, so just to give you guys a quick update- renos are running behind (best laid plans, right?) so while we are open today the new taps as well as both cask engines will not actually be functional until later this week- hopefully Thursday. Sorry about that!
Just in time for the better half's return. Looking forward to it.
lister