Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bar Hop

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

Craig wrote:Not a brewpub. So just a second location.

The location was licensed for like 500 people when it was a club and apparently has a sweet 2 storey balcony on it. This would be a considerable upgrade in size/space for barhop. It's also very close to the old location geographically, so I wonder if the plan is to shut the old space down when the new one is up and running?
the location is quite interesting/odd.
they've been open for around 2 years?
1 year to reno the new space. so that's 3 years into a lease?
most leases are 5 year leases.
i wonder if they were told that plans to tear the strip down for condos is underway.

i also wouldn't be shocked if they were publicly stating that there are no plans to brew there due to zoning changes that have been happening over the years in Clubland. residents may complain if a brewery opens there. better optics to just have a bar for now and, once established, to petition to open a brewery.