Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bier Markt - new Etobicoke location

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Iceman

Bier Markt - new Etobicoke location

Post by Iceman »

I was at the Home Depot across from Sherway Gardens yesterday and I saw that the East Side Mario's has closed down and signs were up saying that a Bier Markt will be taking over the location.

I haven't been to any of the other Bier Markt locations, how are they?
"Beer that is not drunk had missed its vocation."
http://www.twitter.com/IcemanFTW

duncan

Post by duncan »

Somehow a bar which you can only access by vehicle, or inconveniently by bus doesn't sound like such a good idea.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Iceman wrote: I haven't been to any of the other Bier Markt locations, how are they?
The King West location has a very impressive bottle selection, with several U.S. and Belgian offerings that are hard to come by in Ontario. Last time I was there I had a Rogue Mocha Porter and Lost Coast Indica IPA. But I get the feeling that King West is the best of the lot (it's ranked 20 points higher than the Esplanade Bier Markt on Rate Beer), so it's hard to say whether the rarer gems will be available at the Etobicoke spot. If you live out that way it's probably at least worth a crawl though.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

The Etobicoke location will be using the identical menu that the other 3 locations use including all of our Trappists and other Belgians.