Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Bent Elbow (was: A Kitchener Christmas Present)

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

One of the Untappd users posted that they were having a Rogue Mogul Madness at The Bent Elbow. Is it actually available there or was this most likely a typo?
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

that keg blew right before my last visit, the replaced it with the OREgasmic ale

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

I mentioned this in the "What are you drinking right now?" thread.

Someone has made an app for Android phones that lets you know what the current rotating taps are here.

Here's the link, Bent Elbow Tap list, or you can just search Bent Elbow in the Play Store.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

cratez wrote:One of the Untappd users posted that they were having a Rogue Mogul Madness at The Bent Elbow. Is it actually available there or was this most likely a typo?
Mike , if I didn't know better I'd say you've been in the GTA too long. Every once in a while we here in the woods get new beer at the same time or even before the city folk. We apologize for our good fortune and will just say you are all welcome in KW for a pint. It's not that far .... we do it all the time!!! :wink: heck sometimes we even drive to HAMILTON!?!?!?!

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

NRman wrote:
cratez wrote:One of the Untappd users posted that they were having a Rogue Mogul Madness at The Bent Elbow. Is it actually available there or was this most likely a typo?
Mike, if I didn't know better I'd say you've been in the GTA too long. Every once in a while we here in the woods get new beer at the same time or even before the city folk. We apologize for our good fortune and will just say you are all welcome in KW for a pint. It's not that far...we do it all the time!!! :wink: heck sometimes we even drive to HAMILTON!?!?!?!
LOL. The typo comment was because Rogue never announced that Mogul was coming to Ontario; had nothing to do with dissing K-W. Last fall they released a list of 8 beers that would be available on draught and the Mogul, Imperial Pilsner, etc. weren't on it. I was also seriously considering driving down just for that beer (love the bottled version). But yeah, I'm still interested in checking out the Elbow + Kickoff and Court and I haven't seen you guys in a while so maybe we'll come down for a night or two.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

cratez wrote:
NRman wrote:
Mike, if I didn't know better I'd say you've been in the GTA too long. Every once in a while we here in the woods get new beer at the same time or even before the city folk. We apologize for our good fortune and will just say you are all welcome in KW for a pint. It's not that far...we do it all the time!!! :wink: heck sometimes we even drive to HAMILTON!?!?!?!
LOL. The typo comment was because Rogue never announced that Mogul was coming to Ontario; had nothing to do with dissing K-W. Last fall they released a list of 8 beers that would be available on draught and the Mogul, Imperial Pilsner, etc. weren't on it. I was also seriously considering driving down just for that beer (love the bottled version). But yeah, I'm still interested in checking out the Elbow + Kickoff and Court and I haven't seen you guys in a while so maybe we'll come down for a night or two.
I had Mogul Madness at Beer Bistro a little while ago.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

ercousin wrote: I had Mogul Madness at Beer Bistro a little while ago.
That's not unforeseeable as beerbistro was the first to pour Rogue and they have a dedicated tap for the brewery, but I never caught wind of the Mogul being on so hopefully it comes back next year.

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

cratez wrote:
ercousin wrote: I had Mogul Madness at Beer Bistro a little while ago.
That's not unforeseeable as beerbistro was the first to pour Rogue and they have a dedicated tap for the brewery, but I never caught wind of the Mogul being on so hopefully it comes back next year.
I think it's currently on tap at the West 50 Pourhouse & Grill in Mississauga, as well as other Rogue beers, including their Chocolate Stout.
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

The Bent Elbow has a dedicated Rogue tap, and within the last month or 2 have put up a dedicated DDC tap. Right now its the Morimoto Imperial Pilsner, and Peche Mortel.

Frere Ambroise

Post by Frere Ambroise »

FYI -- Harold has been kind enough to add the St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout to the line-up.

Cheers,
Barry

Duct Tape

Post by Duct Tape »

Damn, my timing sucks!!

My fiance and I are heading to Kitchener/Waterloo on Saturday to spend a day at the farmers markets and in St Jacobs, and were going to meet friends we haven't seen in a while who recommended the Bent Elbow (good to have friends with good beer taste!). I just called to make a reservation for Saturday, and FYI for anyone else in KW on the Long Weekend, the Bent Elbow crew are closed Saturday/Sunday (and i assume Monday but didn't ask) for a long weekend for themselves.

Too bad, we'll need to make sure our next trip to KW isn't so far away to finally try the place since we've heard so much good about it!!
"If the Women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
-------
Please visit www.OHLPhotos.com & http://www.flickr.com/photos/55976115@N00/

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Duct Tape wrote:Damn, my timing sucks!!

My fiance and I are heading to Kitchener/Waterloo on Saturday to spend a day at the farmers markets and in St Jacobs, and were going to meet friends we haven't seen in a while who recommended the Bent Elbow (good to have friends with good beer taste!). I just called to make a reservation for Saturday, and FYI for anyone else in KW on the Long Weekend, the Bent Elbow crew are closed Saturday/Sunday (and i assume Monday but didn't ask) for a long weekend for themselves.

Too bad, we'll need to make sure our next trip to KW isn't so far away to finally try the place since we've heard so much good about it!!
There's always Kickoff, 13 craft taps, usually including a Rogue tap. They have been closed for almost two weeks reopening on Aug 28th. I imagine they will update http://kickoffs.ca/ with tap list when they open up again.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

And Imbibe, don't forget about them. Solid craft lineup.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

I was sad to hear they won't be open on Saturday while I was there this weekend.

On a side note, they will be pouring beer from Block 3 on Friday. Harold said the Saison will be up as soon as it gets there, and the Maple Brown may go up that night as well. I also read Imbibe will have the Saison on that night.

As far as I've heard, the brewery itself will open on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing what else these guys will do.