Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Imbibe Food 'n Drink - Kitchener

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Well done Imbibe!!
Thoroughly enjoyed our first visit and a chance to officially meet Bill and catch up with jessem.
We'll be back!
Terry & Emma

Imbibe

Post by Imbibe »

The Grand River Double IPA did not last very long last night, it was tasty!And for those of you who do not yet follow us on Twitter or the Facebook, we will be tapping Kensington's FishEye PA on Tuesday!

If you can't wait that long to come visit though, the StoneHammer Oatmeal Coffee Stout is delicious once again this year...
Imbibe Food/Drink
10 King St West
Kitchener, ON
@imbibefooddrink
facebook.com/imbibefooddrink

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Late notice, but Imbibe is having their Grand Opening tonight @ 8pm. They're opening into The Museum and having bands playing, etc. Should be a good time!
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Finally got a chance to drop in on Bill today at Imbibe – great location off the museum annex, across from the Walper house. Bill will make all Bar Towelers more than welcome. He shared a couple of vintage treasures with us and we had a decent chat about brew styles. – Bill knows his stuff. Sampled a limited edition Oast House saison which to me, was really close to a LaChouffe blonde and a Welly D’Oh Flanders sour which had a decent pear cider bearing. My brew bud and DD had a toasted sandwich and some soup off the eclectic menu and was very pleased with this “pub food” (they offer a quality light lunch and dinner menu). Had a GL Karma Citra and a Spearhead for the road. 6 tap handles affords a constant roll-over of craft beers. They list tap changes on their Facebook page but are working on a website to keep local tap suckers up-dated. They have whiskey tastings as well if you’re so inclined and a good array of quality local wines. There are plans for more local blues/folk talent live music at this venue – at 30 plus seats its a cozy-personal and hospital atmosphere - personally I think Bill is on the right track and totally dedicated to craft beer brewers/consumers. I found a new oasis in the KW craft beer desert ;-)
Aventinus rules!

cmadd

Post by cmadd »

Had a GL Karma Citra and a Spearhead for the road
:o

Peter Collins

Post by Peter Collins »

"at 30 plus seats its a cozy-personal and hospital atmosphere"

Can I get an IV of the Spearhead while I'm there? LOL

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Peter Collins wrote:"at 30 plus seats its a cozy-personal and hospital atmosphere"

Can I get an IV of the Spearhead while I'm there? LOL
Only if you tip the "nurse". FCS
Aventinus rules!

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

cmadd wrote:
Had a GL Karma Citra and a Spearhead for the road
:o
You seem confused :lol:
Aventinus rules!

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

I am here frequently.

It's great.

Support it. Experience it. Live it. Love it.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Some unfortunate news as Imbibe will be closing down by July 1st as they couldn't agree on a new lease agreement with THEMUSEUM.

There is a chance that Bill will find a new location, but as of now, their future is uncertain.

A bit of a dick move by Themuseum as they went public before Bill got to tell his staff.

While this is definitely bad news, most of the new places that have opened up in town serve craft beer now, and many of the better restaurants have turned their focus to craft as well. For the most part, it seems as though only the larger chain restaurants aren't serving craft.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

mahcinesquad

Post by mahcinesquad »

Kish84 wrote:Some unfortunate news as Imbibe will be closing down by July 1st as they couldn't agree on a new lease agreement with THEMUSEUM.

There is a chance that Bill will find a new location, but as of now, their future is uncertain.

A bit of a dick move by Themuseum as they went public before Bill got to tell his staff.

While this is definitely bad news, most of the new places that have opened up in town serve craft beer now, and many of the better restaurants have turned their focus to craft as well. For the most part, it seems as though only the larger chain restaurants aren't serving craft.
Well this sucks. I liked Imbibe.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

mahcinesquad wrote:
Kish84 wrote:Some unfortunate news as Imbibe will be closing down by July 1st as they couldn't agree on a new lease agreement with THEMUSEUM.

Well this sucks. I liked Imbibe.
Bill is involved with TWB, so maybe that will turn in to Imbibe 2.0 with the added bonus of being a brewpub.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

distr0

Post by distr0 »

wow, i finally got out to imbibe for the first time just the other day. really enjoyed it. this sucks.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

looks like it may not be closing after all