Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Good pubs in Burlington that isn't Pepperwood...

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Good pubs in Burlington that isn't Pepperwood...

Post by JeffPorter »

Nothing against pepperwood, but we can't go there for complicated reason. Any other good places with good food and a decent beer selection?
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Red Canoe Bistro

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Local Eatery and Refuge, 4155 Fairview (word of mouth only, haven't been personally).

hopdevil

Post by hopdevil »

I can vouch for Local. They have Hops & Robbers and Crazy Canuck on tap, plus a few other OK options. They plan on adding to their craft taps.

It is the former Turtle Jack's and has a very nice interior; the bar area is great, with lots of large TVs.

Fairview, between Appleby & Walkers. ( next to Arby's )

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Red Canoe sucks the sweat from a dead mans balls as much as pepperwood.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Len, I love it when we don't hear from you for months, and then you say "hello" with a review like that! :P
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

JeffPorter wrote:Len, I love it when we don't hear from you for months, and then you say "hello" with a review like that! :P
I do what I can Jeff! :)
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

midlife crisis wrote:Local Eatery and Refuge, 4155 Fairview (word of mouth only, haven't been personally).
Looks like the former Turtle Jack's/Locals is now Dymond's Social Kitchen as of April 1. Food menu looks similar not sure about the "craft beer" menu.

Doesn't mean I'm not going.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Ukie wrote:
midlife crisis wrote:Local Eatery and Refuge, 4155 Fairview (word of mouth only, haven't been personally).
Looks like the former Turtle Jack's/Locals is now Dymond's Social Kitchen as of April 1. Food menu looks similar not sure about the "craft beer" menu.

I know we just sent some Stone Hammer Pilsner there today so I can vouch there will be craft (all craft I believe), but I'm not sure on the list. Nickelbrook for sure, do to Jon at Nickelbrook helping them out.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:
Ukie wrote:

I know we just sent some Stone Hammer Pilsner there today so I can vouch there will be craft (all craft I believe), but I'm not sure on the list. Nickelbrook for sure, do to Jon at Nickelbrook helping them out.
Sorry, I didnt mean there were no craft beers, I meant I didnt know if the craft beer lineup had changed in the switchover as I had been there over a month ago.

Other than those you mentined there also was Granville, Wellington, Creemore, Hops and Robbers, list here:

http://dymondssocialkitchen.com/fileadm ... ermenu.pdf

Also Samuel Adams in pitchers.