Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Tavern on George, Hamilton

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

zane9

Tavern on George, Hamilton

Post by zane9 »

A new place has opened in Hamilton, with great potential. We went there after work today, for our first visit. A fine new addition to Hamilton's growing options for good beer and I'm happy to spread the word.

Facebook page here: http://on.fb.me/1bfccQe

Tavern on George opened in May. The owner took over the Urban Tavern at 109 George Street, just west of Hess. He's made some minor renovations to an already great space.

Great location, lovely patio, and a very nice bar. The tap list is modest, but the fridge is stocked with My Bitter Wife, Orange Peel, Crazy Canuck, Devil's Pale Ale, etc.

On a warm summer day or evening, the patio will be a terrific place to beat the heat.

He's keen to offer more craft beer, and much will depend on our support. So please visit Tavern on George. Give him your wish-list and suggestions. He's wide-open for input.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

This is good to know. Lisa likes to go for a beer from time to time, and she chooses to go to The Ship or The Judge, I simply cannot deal with it.

Perhaps this can be an alternative provided tyhe food is good. Thanks for the info.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!