Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Newmarket / Aurora taps?

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

schomberger

Newmarket / Aurora taps?

Post by schomberger »

So, tap selection is pretty lean up in these parts, as one would guess. The best I have found is the Crowsnest pub with one beer of interest on tap, Fuller's ESB. I haven't been to the Grey Goat, they don't have a website, but if any pub up here should have a decent tap or two, you'd think this might be it, but .....

So, calling any and all Newmarket / Aurora / or other bartowellers in the know; is Fuller's ESB the best tap to be found up here?

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Apparently the Station bar and grill on Wellington in Aurora has a few craft taps, I saw that the Stouffville Brewing has their first beer (Red Falcon) available there and so I intend to drop in soon and check it out.

Newish place on Keele at King Rd, Locale looks promising from their website, but no beer list so it'll be another shot in the dark.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Longchamp Pub in Kleinburg has King on tap. Or used to at least.

Lamber

Post by Lamber »

Play Pizzeria in Aurora used to have Beaus, but I haven't been there in a long time. Hungry Brew Hops is opening on Main Street in Newmarket, but has been behind schedule. It looks like it will be geared towards a craft beer crowd.

http://www.hungrybrewhops.com/

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Haven't been to Play since the spring, but they still had the Beau's tap as well as bottles from Stonehammer and Mill Street. King Henry's Arms (both RH and Aurora) have had Lugtread on tap as well.

That Hungry Brew looks interesting too!

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Hungry Brew Hops soft launch is this Thursday. I will definitely be checking it out

Our taps are pouring in! Sneak peak @GreatLakesBeer #CrazyCanuck #HalfNelson #PompousAss. Full lineup posted 2nite!

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

I've already had the pleasure of eating some of the food here and it is pretty damn great.

It's taken them a bit to get the doors open, but the transformation of the building is pretty incredible.

Taking my beer-rep hat off for a second (I do sell beer to Hungry Brew Hops), this place is unique for Newmarket and I think it will do very well. All 24 taps are solid, with a few rotators.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Yup just the full list on their site. Will be there opening night

http://www.hungrybrewhops.com/#!hbh-cra ... menu/c1nyj

schomberger

Post by schomberger »

Impressive taps; is this now the best tap selection in the GTA outside of the downtown core? Certainly GTA north, no?

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Definitely the best thing north of Steeles. Happy that my wife will be starting to work at a clinic just a couple blocks away from here in April :)

schomberger

Post by schomberger »

I might be moving just a few blocks away :D (seriously!)

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

schomberger wrote:I might be moving just a few blocks away :D (seriously!)
It's pretty cool having a really good (craft beer) bar near by. I live across the street from Bar Hop so it's been really nice having a place like that oh so close by. 8) :D
lister

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

The tap lineup goes pretty good. I hope the food will be good as well.

We sometimes meet family members "mid-way" between Barrie and Toronto in Newmarket and I'd prefer someplace that isn't the usual suspects of suburban living. We're definitely going to visit at some point.
lister

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

less than 10 mintues by cab (or DD) to my place. Will be stopping in tomorrow sometime after supper for a pint.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Went up to Hungry Brew Hops for tonight's "Soft Opening" after work arriving at 7, hoping for dinner. Looked like maybe 20-25 tables and room for about 12 at the bar. They had an hour wait for a table, and bar was absolutely packed, with maybe another 15 people lined up waiting to get in as well.

Decided to go home and grab a pizza.

Very happy for them to have such a busy opening, will try and stop in at some point over the weekend,