Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Brooklyn (Kingston)

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

The Mick

The Brooklyn (Kingston)

Post by The Mick »

Stopped in last weekend and thought this place was awesome. 14 taps of great beer. Lots of seating, lots of people and a Ms PacMan machine by the bathroom. Despite the number of bodies it was very easy to get a beer. Definitely the coolest bar to drop in Kingston in quite sometime... and yes, I've been to the Red House a number of times, which is a lot of fun, but The Brooklyn's tap list is light years ahead of what they have. Great job, will definitely be my go to next time I'm in the limestone city
I don't always drink beer ... because sometimes my friends win and we have to go to macro-only establishments.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

The Mick wrote:... and yes, I've been to the Red House a number of times, which is a lot of fun, but The Brooklyn's tap list is light years ahead of what they have.
Not for long, I reckon if the Red needs to expand to keep its eager crowds!

Guys that run it used to work at The Wellington, and their enthusiasm for great (not just pretty good) beer is what inspired the Red House and its investment backer.

I've never been to the Brooklyn but thanks for mentioning it, I will have to drop by in the weeks over the holidays when I'm around ktown. Cheers Mick.
In Beerum Veritas

The Mick

Post by The Mick »

I totally hope they do revamp their beer line up at the Red House. They're awesome guys and they're doing a splendid job. I was using them in the original post not to put them down, rather, to build the Brooklyn up because I do really enjoy the Red House.... and the Welly is pretty good too, now that you mention it.
I don't always drink beer ... because sometimes my friends win and we have to go to macro-only establishments.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

The guys who own the Brooklyn also have a place on Princess called Alibi, which is only open at night and has similar great tap choices.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Is that the old trashateria/elixir?

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

I'm not sure what it used to be. It's right up in the "hub" though.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Colin @ Canada wrote:I'm not sure what it used to be. It's right up in the "hub" though.
It used to be a clothing store or something.

tyler90

Post by tyler90 »

Masterplan wrote:Is that the old trashateria/elixir?
Yeah, the Brooklyn is where elixir/revolutions used to be. Hopefully this bar sticks around, the location isn't the most visible unless you live nearby.