Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Duggans Brewery "Pop Up"on Queen Street

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Well there's this.
In Beerum Veritas

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Couldn't make it to the official opening....but they've got a Berliner weisse out apparently....and last time I stopped by they said a stout was in the works. May stop by some time this weekend.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Looks like the website is up and running now. I plan to visit this weekend and will report back with my thoughts.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Went here last night and it surpassed my expectations. Awesome layout, similar in look to the old location, but with a warmer feel. Place was packed from 8pm until we left. Service at the bar was outstanding - friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable, and they're happy to let you sample. Had the chicken crackle, trout plate, and jerk fried chicken to eat; everything was delicious. Food prices are also very reasonable. The current draft list is more conservative than I'd prefer, but I enjoyed the IPA, Hefe, and Stout. And I noticed they had a sour on before the stout. Hopefully they bring back the London Porter, German Pils, and Kolsch at some point, as those were my favourite beers at the old spot.

Anyway, it's great to see Duggan's back, and I'll definitely be returning. To my mind he does the traditional styles really well, and I think Toronto's beer scene is large and diverse enough to support old school brewers like Granite, Duggan's, and Mill Street, on the one hand, and envelope-pushers like Bellwoods, Indie, and Amsterdam, on the other. Worth a stop.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott