Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

DE MOLEN

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

DE MOLEN

Post by esprit »

The latest addition to our portfolio is the famed De Molen of the Netherlands. This small brewery was founded in 2004 and since then has received accolades from all over the world. Even though they are tiny, this experimental brewery at any time has about 25 different beers available. A core portfolio of about 8-10 beers and then the sky is the limit. They produce many one-offs which are brewed once and never seen again. Their styles include Belgian, English & U.S. and some outrageous offerings. 70% of their output is exported to countries all over the world but demand is high so importers often have to wait to get orders.

Now some of you have already purchased their beers in the past but there has been a long drought which we’re going to satisfy. Products on offer right now which are available for delivery in Toronto or transfer to out of town stores are:

MOOI & MEERDONGENLOOS (BEAUTIFUL & RUTHLESS)– A 6.9% dubbel (a blend of a Belgian style dubbel and Imperial Stout rated 98 by ratebeer.com
$4.65 per bottle

VUUR & VLAAM (FIRE & FLAMES) – A 6.2% IPA rated 97 by ratebeer.com
$4.40 per bottle

HEEN & WEER (BACK & FORTH) – A 9.2% Belgian style Tripel rated 95 by ratebeer.com
$4.50 per bottle

All come packed 24 x 330ml and prices above include HST and bottle deposit.

Follow.Beer

Post by Follow.Beer »

Is there any way to buy a bottle or two?

Or some kind of split pack between other members?

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Anybody in Ottawa want to go together?

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

I might be interested in splitting a case of the dubbel or tripel. I am a little confused about the Mooi. On Ratebeer and BA it is listed as a 10.2% Quad. Am I missing something?

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

esprit's post is from april 2015, is it even still available?

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

I need to pay closer attention...