Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Keep6 Imports opens online bottle shop

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Missed out on the Gose gone wild. :( If anyone has a couple bottles to spare, etc....
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

sprague11 wrote:Missed out on the Gose gone wild. :( If anyone has a couple bottles to spare, etc....
yeah i'd take one or two bottles as well. I didn't think it would go that fast.

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

If interesting things appear, please post here. I don't really want a full case of anything, but am very happy to split with fellow BT members.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

Julian says they have become the Crooked Stave Canadian distributors
Last edited by northyorksammy on Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reliable Beer Critic

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

northyorksammy wrote:Julian says they have become the official Crooked Stave Canadian distributors
That's cool. Hopefully we get easy access to a good variety of their beers and they're not just limited to pricey bottles at a few beer bars.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

I suspect we will see the same suspects lineup available in western NY
Reliable Beer Critic

Keep6 Imports

Post by Keep6 Imports »

northyorksammy wrote:Julian says they have become the official Crooked Stave Canadian distributors
Hi Sammy,

To clarify, we are working on placing an order. We are not official Canadian distributors.

Cheers,

J.
KEEP6 IMPORTS
Imported Goods

http://keep6imports.com
info@keep6imports.com
@keep6imports on Twitter

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

anyone else get a case of this just now?

'Very limited amount of cases will be released on our online shop this coming Tuesday @ 12:00pm. The Golden Blend is made with 4 year old Lambic that accounts for 25 % of it’s contents, the rest of the blend is made up by a "secret" combination of 1, 2 and 3 year old Lambic. The exact mixture is only known by the master-blender Armand himself. The name "Golden Blend" is not far away from the truth, in fact, the 4 years of maturation in oak-wooden barrels is making this particular Lambic very expensive. '
Last edited by spinrsx on Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Automatic

Post by Automatic »

I grabbed one.

Thanks Keep6!

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Their website said there were 15 cases. I got one too :)

Jay-Brew

Post by Jay-Brew »

I had one in my cart and by the time I finished entering my information and credit card details... and pressed submit it said they didn't have any. Really frustrating to say the least. In my experience of buying other things online (e.g., tickets...) it at least holds what is in your cart for a while and sometimes even has a timer. I am a little annoyed about it and think it shouldn't be set up this way - you should at list be able to hold the item in your cart for a short time rather than race against others to get your details entered.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

IF anyone who did manage to grab a case is willing to offload a few bottles, please PM! I too was not quick enough at entering CC details.

Thanks.

Keep6 Imports

Post by Keep6 Imports »

Jay-Brew wrote:I had one in my cart and by the time I finished entering my information and credit card details... and pressed submit it said they didn't have any. Really frustrating to say the least. In my experience of buying other things online (e.g., tickets...) it at least holds what is in your cart for a while and sometimes even has a timer. I am a little annoyed about it and think it shouldn't be set up this way - you should at list be able to hold the item in your cart for a short time rather than race against others to get your details entered.
Hi Jay-Brew,

Thanks for your feedback. We will pass this along to squarespace who runs the commerce back end to our online shop. Unfortunately the check out process has limiting customization settings and is not like ticket master or other ticketing pages.

Cheers,
KEEP6 IMPORTS
Imported Goods

http://keep6imports.com
info@keep6imports.com
@keep6imports on Twitter

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Keep6 Imports wrote:
Jay-Brew wrote:I had one in my cart and by the time I finished entering my information and credit card details... and pressed submit it said they didn't have any. Really frustrating to say the least. In my experience of buying other things online (e.g., tickets...) it at least holds what is in your cart for a while and sometimes even has a timer. I am a little annoyed about it and think it shouldn't be set up this way - you should at list be able to hold the item in your cart for a short time rather than race against others to get your details entered.
Hi Jay-Brew,

Thanks for your feedback. We will pass this along to squarespace who runs the commerce back end to our online shop. Unfortunately the check out process has limiting customization settings and is not like ticket master or other ticketing pages.

Cheers,
Or how about finding a vendor who will allow you to run your website like every other retailer on the planet, and allow you to purchase an item once it's in your cart. This situation has happened twice for me on your website and it's getting tiring.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

nickelass wrote:
Keep6 Imports wrote:
Hi Jay-Brew,

Cheers,
Or how about finding a vendor who will allow you to run your website like every other retailer on the planet, and allow you to purchase an item once it's in your cart. This situation has happened twice for me on your website and it's getting tiring.
LOL. biting the hand that you want to feed you, eh?

i was actually coming on here to say that Kepp6's website's great. really easy. nice to use.
and when i was entering my credit card info, i was prepared for my order to not be confirmed until the credit card transaction took place. because that's what most other websites do, from my experience.

the other option? you have 15 people log on, not complete transactions, and tie up the cases. so those who tried at 12:00 would be denied. but if you were late/lazy and randomly tried at 12:05 or later? you might get a case when those transactions time out.

in the end, i'm sure there will be people that will complain regardless of the outcome.

i landed a case and i wouldn't have borched and complained if i didn't get it. it's just beer and we're adults, so stop the crying and be grateful that Ontario managed to land 15 cases of this in the first place. my opinion, take it or (likely) leave it.