Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Keep6 Imports opens online bottle shop

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

Still waiting on my case of Gose Gone Wild. Anyone else waiting for their local LCBO to contact them?

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Have you gone to your local and asked?

I went into my local just to tell them two cases were coming. They said "oh you're Matthew George. There's no phone number on the packing slip and your address is wrong." Indeed they were correct: no phone number, no email, Toronto listed instead of Elmira.

I emailed Keep6 to let them know but didn't hear anything. Granted I emailed on the day 3F went live so it may have gotten lost in the chaos.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

BakaGaijin wrote:
ckoop wrote:Saw this tweet today. It's funny that this sold out in seconds, when it sat on Premier Gourmet's shelf for months! Quite a nice price break too compared to the $24.99 premier had it for! Would've been cool to grab a case, but work got in the way!
This Beer turds it up on shelves all over the States for around $25.
In fairness, the States probably gets more than 15 cases.1

Plus there are competing beers on shelves in the states.

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:Have you gone to your local and asked?

I went into my local just to tell them two cases were coming. They said "oh you're Matthew George. There's no phone number on the packing slip and your address is wrong." Indeed they were correct: no phone number, no email, Toronto listed instead of Elmira.

I emailed Keep6 to let them know but didn't hear anything. Granted I emailed on the day 3F went live so it may have gotten lost in the chaos.
So happens I got a call today.
I'd rather let the system work per Keep6's instructions (2-5 weeks) and only start inquiring after 5 weeks.

All good now. Instills some confidence going forward.

Alpha10

Post by Alpha10 »

Really annoyed that I missed out on the 3F release. Anyone willing to part ways with a couple bottles will be more than fairly compensated. PM if interested.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Alpha10 wrote:Really annoyed that I missed out on the 3F release. Anyone willing to part ways with a couple bottles will be more than fairly compensated. PM if interested.
By the sounds of it...even if you were ready for it at launch time....you would have been lucky to get a case.

Alpha10

Post by Alpha10 »

El Pinguino wrote:
Alpha10 wrote:Really annoyed that I missed out on the 3F release. Anyone willing to part ways with a couple bottles will be more than fairly compensated. PM if interested.
By the sounds of it...even if you were ready for it at launch time....you would have been lucky to get a case.
Most certainly, but I would have felt better (if only in my head) about a 0.1% chance of success vs a 0% chance of success.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

FYI people are already posting this beer for trade on facebook.

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

Just wanted to post a quick note about what a great experience I had with keep6. A few days ago I placed an order. Within two days, I got a notification that the order was ready.
Today I went to the LCBO warehouse...everyone there was super nice and I was out within 20 minutes.

Well done guys!

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

admviolin wrote:Just wanted to post a quick note about what a great experience I had with keep6. A few days ago I placed an order. Within two days, I got a notification that the order was ready.
Today I went to the LCBO warehouse...everyone there was super nice and I was out within 20 minutes.

Well done guys!
Nice...I've never done a private / consignment order for stuff already here....have only done orders months in advance. I'll have to keep watch on the Keep6 site a little closer to see when stuff I want is available.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

anyone that had 3F golden blend shipped to a local lcbo receive their beer yet?

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Had an absolute nightmare picking up my 3f case at the warehouse last week. Almost a 2 hour frigging wait.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

For what it's worth, k6 advise you to let them know in advance when you want to get your beer and they'll arrange to have it ready for you, because they know the warehouse can be brutal for waits.

It can also be fine. I was out of there in 15 minutes.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

I did all that as I knew exactly when I was going to be downtown and still waited forever. At least 9 people came and left after I gave them my slip of paper at the receiving area and after 1 hour they brought me somebody else's case of beer, then I waited another 50 minutes for them to find the proper case. All while I had my daughter with me.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

That's brutal. It's a shame they won't ship to local LCBOs in Toronto. One of the few ways we city folk suffer compared to the rest of the province.